STB Clone Advice and Costs Required

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,183 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hi Guys,

So my friends are loving my setup at the moment but are not overly keen on splashing out the money, even for the cheaper Vu+ Solo whcih is what I have.

What are the best clones, and what should I be looking at spending on them?

VU Clone CE Cheapest I can find is £120
    VU Duo CE Cheapest I can find is £190
    NewDVB DVB500/800 Unable to find on the interweb

What other boxes would you recommend? I would prefer enigma2, with HD. I'd like to get my mates a decent cloned box with excellent support so dont they bother me too much and can do their own research on here :)

@Moderators - please tell me if this is sensitive and against the rules of the boards.If so - please pull the thread and apologies in advance.

Cheers Gents

Thanks to you guys I think I'm now a full convert from HTPC to STBs! :-)

Underworld

• NewDVB 500HD and 800HD availabel from us here at £139 with FREE next working day UK delivery: NewDVB Sunray Sat-Shop.co.uk - Sat-Shop.co.uk Online Satellite and Electronics Store from Lavatronics

We only stock genuine receivers, no counterfeits (we want to be here for our customers for years to come so don't and won't sell something that's not legal), but we can offer you a 100% genuine VU+ SOLO at £189, VU+ UNO at £249 and VU+ DUO at £295, again all in stock with FREE next working day UK delivery, we also have the GigaBlue HD 800 SE that maybe of interest to you at £149 (or £169 with extra tuner), all in stock, next working day UK delivery, English speaking and full 12 months RTB hardware guarantee. :)

• The other thing here is if you read the various forums there are a growing number of reports that receivers ( clones ) hitting the 5 month mark suffering power supply failures. i'm not saying all do but i have seen the number grow steadily over the last few weeks. a replacement power supply will set you back another £51 and you have no warranty with said clone.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I would not buy a Vu+ clone because of what I have read as pheonix says, and the Vu+ is already reasonably priced, and it could be bad news for them if there is too much downward pressure on the price - you will be better off paying the extra for an original Vu+ - The prices of the originals are cheaper than ever as i said, and you get the full warranty, which you couldn't rely on with counterfeit goods! It is sometimes worth paying extra for something you are going to get more out of. Also you don't have to worry about whether an image is going to brick your box. Dreambox clones have done the rounds and a lot of people find these work well, and are well supported, and you can also get these clones now as legit receivers in their own right (own brandnames rather than Dreambox) - such as the NewDVB receivers. Have a look as the sponsor link.

There are differing opinions as to whether the Vu+ clones are worth the gamble but I certainly wouldn't risk it.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!