Openbox S10 going dead after scanning more than 4 satellites

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 860 times. The last Post () by alibaba1802.

• Hi All,

Need to know whether anyone is having the same problem.

My S10 just went dead few weeks ago. The on/off light was coming up at all. I thought that was something to do with the plug or the power support in the box. I moved it from 1 room to the other within my house, even tried all the sockets in vain. Then I tried few friends places with no success. I then returned to the retailer shop in UK (as box still under the warranty).

I just received an email from the retailer saying :

""I test it for more than 24 hrs.
    I found that more than 12 satellites downloaded in it , the receiver memory is limited . i suggest you not download more than 3/4 satellites.
    I did a factory reset and changed the firmware.
    I scanned a single satellite 28.2e and it is working Ok.
    Now your box is ready for collection."""

My questions are:

1 - Is this normal?
    2 - What happened to those who have a motorized sat system and can scan multiple sat lists?

I planned to to buy a Orthon X403p from the same shop and I need some advise as they are encouraging me to get REDLINE receiver instead

Please help

Thank you

• I have had this happen to me once i just connected to com port on my desktop and reflashed and all was up and running. Sometimes it can be bad flashed to begin with. Does'nt happen much but that was the case with mine. I have had a m8 who's box said moving dish all the time then he re-flashed and been working fine.

Certainly not the most stable boxes out there

• Thanks Djrikstar333

Actually I never flashed my S10 before. I always used it as It came from the retailer.. Now that I know, I will keep my eyes on, should this happen again and saving my money returning it to the seller

Thank you

• Well, consider that you have a Openbox, not a Dreambox or a Vu +, for example.
    These boxes are very limited in matters of memory and other things.
    4 Satelites (maybe 4000 channels or more) is to much for the openbox.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!