ZGemma H7S Tuner Configuration - 1x Dish Cable from a 4x DiSEqC Switch with 4x LNB's for 4x Satellites

There are 36 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,860 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• HiGuys,:)

I am having problems Scanning my Sats on ZGemma H7S. with Open images, tried ALL openPli, openVIX, openATV.

I ordered one Box and after 4 Days gave up, and sent back as Defect.

Now waiting for another box from different Seller to arrive.!

Do i NEED to install this plugin "AutoBouquetsMaker" to Scan the Box from scratch for the first time?

I have 1xDish Cable from a 4xDiseqc Switch (in Attic) with 4xLNB's for 4xSats (4xPorts) connected.

So I will use the Tuner A ONLY.... (both others Tuner B +C &Terr2 are disabled)

Tuner A Config
    Configuration Mode - Simple
    Mode - Diseqc A/B/C/D
    Port A - 28.2E
    Port B - 19E
    Port C - 13E
    Port D - 0,8W
    Set Voltage and 22Khz - Yes
    Send Diseqc only on Sat change - No
    Ton Amplitude - 800mv
    SCPC optimised search range - no
    Force Legacy Signal state Signal - No

I use my own Settings List from my DM800seV2 and DM8000HD Boxes (using the Tools DreamboxEdit, E-Channelizer and DCC to Access the Box)

I cannot get a Signal on any of the 4 Sat's and none of the Channels are working,

I have also tried Tuner B with the same Config and Tuner A and Tuner C as disabled, BUT alas, still no results, nothing.!:scratch_one-s_head:

Even when I choose a Default Settings from SetUp Wizard ie....Astra19e and 13e it still does NOT open the Channels.

Manual Scan shows "Scan Failed" error...Signal Finder also shows NO Sat's found.!:shock:

I have the DM800seV2 standing next to the Zgemma H7S and that IS working on the very same Dish Cable when connected.!

Am I missing a very simple Setting here.?

But, what and where ?

Any Help would be really apprec, thanks:thank_you2:

AJP

• Official Post

i have used diseqc with this box on a motor with no problems - via advanced tuner settings

You do not need Autobouquetsmaker - but it dose work very well on those sats if you wanted to automate the channel list making....

gorski may help as he uses a lot switch's on his setup:laugh1: like 20 odd.....

• jenseneverest ,

thanks for your reply, OK so i don't need this "AB Maker" prefer to use my own Settings Lists anyway.

BUT i am connected to only ONE dish with 4xLNB's to a 4xDiseqc switch, NO motor is used.

@gorski..Yes maybe he has an idea...will wait till he shows up. True he uses many Switches.

If somebody here is using a H7S and has a 4xDiseqc Switch for 4xLNB's for 4xSat Positions on ONE Dish connected, like me could

you please Post a Screenshot showing the Tuner Config with Tuner A - (4Sats) Enabled, Tuner B - Disabled and

Tuner C+Terr - Disabled.

Also of the Advanced Setting showing the LNB settings.

i have checked and double checked these Settings with those on my DM and ALL seems OK.

BUT still NO luck with the Zgemma H7S

really getting frustrated about this.

Thanks

AJP

• Hi Guys,

been reading a little more on this subject and have found posts on Forums regarding the power Supply

from motherboard to Tuner on many Zgemma Receivers in General, being too weak, is this confirmed or just a rumour.?

Cheers

AJP

• Official Post

Hi Guys,

been reading a little more on this subject and have found posts on Forums regarding the power Supply

from motherboard to Tuner on many Zgemma Receivers in General, being too weak, is this confirmed or just a rumour.?

Cheers

AJP

Wait for Gorski mate, he has a similar setup to yours on the h7 (and it is working)

The problem you refer to is a driver problem, for motorised dishes with non "low power" LNB's

• Sorry, boys, Marx is dead and I don't feel too great, either...:mute:

For a static dish setup with 4 LNBs and 1x 4in1 switch (which ones, why don't you give us the details?!?) - one uses DiSEqC 1.0 in Enigma2 settings (up to 4 LNBs).

For my 12 LNBs setup with 1x 17in1 switch we use DiSEqC v. 1.1 (up to 16 LNBs plus terrestrial down the same cable). You can see my setup in more detail in a thread I started re. T90 here: My various T90 setups with many LNBs - different solutions for it...

Which dish do you have spanning such a large area?

A friend has 2 LNBs only and the same is used, as for your setup, I think, AJP007

MENU > Setup > Service searching > Tuner configuration >

Simple >

Mode DiSEqC A/B/C/D > and then either

-automatic or

-if you want to set it up manually...

If your other boxes are OK and if mine is working with 12 LNBs I bet my money you are doing something wrong, so you need to learn...

Good luck!

P.S. You can use a combiner/splitter to combine satellite and terrestrial signals right up there, on the roof and another splitter before the box, so you can get sat and terrestrial signals down the same cable. It's wasteful not to do it, really and it's very cool, if you have the right kind of switch, actually...

In fact, I would recommend you buy 4 QUAD LNBs and feed all your machines separately, in 3 different rooms, on 3 different tellies, no limitations...

So, T90 +

4 QUAD LNBs,

4 x 4in1 switch (or 5 in one, if you want your terrestrial down the same cable)

2 cables go to your Zgemma H7 DVB-S2X for 2 satellite tuners (and perhaps splitter to get terrestrial signal to that tuner)

1 cable to another STB

1 cable to the other

...and everyone happy...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Ok gorski,...... sorry to hear of your loss.!

thanks for the reply, Yes, the Set-Up as described above with those Settings works on my other DM Boxes.

I do NOT have a Terr2 Aerial nor do I have Cable TV...ONLY Sat Dishes.

I have one Phillips/Fibo Gregorian Dual Reflector Motor Multi Sat Dish 45W - 63E - Set-Up to use for other far reaching Sat's.

Dish Separately Connected to my Echostar LT8700 Receiver to Move Dish and then Feeds into my DM8000 and DM800seV2 Boxes.

But this one has nothing to do with the Zgemma Set-Up.!

For the Zgemma H7S and second DM8000 Box I have 2 Stationed Dishes, 1xTriax 70cm for Astra 28E and 1xTriax 95cm for 19E - 13E and 0,8W.

4X Inverto Twin Low Noise 0.2 LNBs - 2x Spaun Diseqc 411 SAR Switches 4/1

Two Cables into House for Multi simultaneous Reception. 1x Downstairs - 1xUpstairs

Two Receivers can be used at same time in different Rooms without disturbing or Interfering with each other.

Zapping freely thru the Sat's

OK I am sure that I am doing something wrong with this H7S, probably very simple stupid mistake, but will take your advice on board and go and learn....

I have used and Set-Up some really silly/crazy Receivers in my time, D-Box1, D-Box2, Pace 500, Manhattans but never had such problems where i have spent

a whole week trying to get a Signal from a Cable which is connected to my DM800seV2, sitting next to the Zgemma H7S and which is working perfectly with good above average AGC/SNR Signals both around 89-99% fluctuating slightly depending on Weather and Wind, ALL my Dishes are Set-Up really well, they have to be here in England where it Rains so much......Really sturdy Poles and supports.

Anyway Thanks

Cheers

AJP

• Yes, complications with 2 x 4in1 Spaun, I bet... If automatic doesn't work, then you must find the correct settings manually...

Mind, they ought to be the same as 8K or 800, really, if they are in the same room...

Loopthrough or...? If yes, unplug and go straight to H7 and try then.

But try differently than you stubbornly did so far - you must... well, given the results... ;)

Good luck!

P.S. I meant Karl Marx...:laugh1:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• NO loop thru, just straight into ZGemma H7S, thats what I have been doing.!

I do NOT like to give up..So when second Box arrives I will try , try and try again.

Posting here the results Positive or Negative.

Stay Safe

Cheers

AJP

• Hi Guys,

Solution and Update:thank_you2:

The new H7S arrived today, Set-Up as usual,

Tuner A - 4xSats - 4xPorts A-D /// Tuner B - 4xSats - 4XPorts A-D ///Tuner C - Disabled

Loaded my Settings from DM via DreamboxEdit v.7.2.1.0

and VOILA all OK..Working as should be.:thumbup:

Thanks for your Input Help and Support.:cool1:

really Apprec.

AJP

• master G

Added the Label Tuner Support
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “ZGemma H7S Tuner problems.!” to “ZGemma H7S Tuner Configuration - 1x Dish Cable from a 4x DiSEqC Switch with 4x LNB's for 4x Satellites”.
  • OK Guys,

FINAL UPDATE

Second Box was also exchanged for a New One.

Because the Air Digital Logo on Front Panel had fallen off and was hanging crooked and flickering behind the plastic Front.!!!

Looked really stupid and very cheap.!

This BOX also went back to Dealer and I got another one.!!!!

Again Tuner A+B Set-Up was a little Trial and Error.

I did not bother with Tuner C+Terr2, as I don't use or need that one.!

This time I went straight into the
    Tuner Config >
    Config Mode - Simple
    Mode _ Diseqc A/B/C/D
    Port A - 28E
    Port B - 19E
    Port C - 13E
    Port D - 0,8W
    Set Voltage 22Khz etc.... - YES
    Send Diseqc etc... - NO
    Force Legacy etc.... - NO

SAVE and EXIT..!!

Then move to Advance and Check these Settings,

Configurations Mode - Advanced
    Satellite - 28E (here is the first Sat Position on your Diseqc Switch mine is 28E) - important
    LNB - 1 (here the assigned LNB on Switch , mine is 28E LNB 1) - important
    Priority - Auto
    LOF - Universal LNB
    Voltage Mode - Polarization
    Increased Voltage - NO
    Tone Mode Band - Band
    Diseqc Mode - 1.0
    Tonburst - None
    Diseqc Command - Port A (here the corresponding Diseqc Command, in my case A for LNB 1) - important
    Sequence Repeat - NO
    Force Legacy Signal stats - No

You then do this for ALL 4 Sat's and the corresponding LNB's....!!!!!
    Ports - A thru to D

SAVE and EXIT...!!

Last BUT not least, back to Simple Mode, Choose this Mode .....SAVE and EXIT..!

Then GO to Auto Scan choose which Tuner you want and Press Green for Scan...That it..!!!!!

Should like for me bring up around 5200 Channels for these 4 Sat's depending obviously on your Sat Set-Up and Dish size.!

Hope this little Tutorial Helps others who run into this Tuner problem with the Zgemma H7S.

If this FAILS then return the BOX the Tuners or Disqec are Fooket..!!!!

I struggled with my first Box as well.

Only to find that Tuner A was defect and because of that the Diseqc was NOT working as it should.!!

But I don't like to give up and so for me 100% success.!

Cheers

AJP

• These minor HW errors happen to everyone... Every firm has a few % of such errors, it's inevitable...

I think you're complicating needlessly with the tuner setup.

Once you choose Simple - it's automatic or manual? How do you get to which satellites are where? STB SW finds it or it's your input?

If you then move to Advanced the previous setup is annulled.

When you then move back to Simple, the previous setup is annulled.

Terrestrial tuner is great, if one has minimal signal for good quality image. Inexpensive, it works even with the internal aerial.

• HI Guys,

I know this is an older thread and not really closed as finally solved, so here is my end solution Working 100%, but maybe people searching

for a solution will read it and solve their issues with Signal on ZGemma Receivers.!

I Kept sending mine back to Seller who constantly told me on his Setup and Tests it worked, SO i was totally frustrated.

I DO NOT give up easily so I got another the Fifth Box and after trying out this method below the Tuners kicked IN and are now working 100%.!!!!!

Mine was the Zgemma H7S with Triple Tuners, 2x DVB-S2X and 1x C-T2

I SOLVED my issue by UNSCREWING and taking OFF the Cable with f-connector from Rear and then putting it back ON but NOT

tightening too much, LEAVE it pretty loose.!!!!

DON'T tighten it so MUCH that it reaches MAX.!!!!!!!

This brought my signal back straight away.!!!!

It was driving me NUTS because ALL other Receivers I tried on the same Cable worked great NO problems whatsoever.

Hope this Helps.

FINALLY solved.!!!

Cheers
    AJP

• Good to hear your STB is doing what you want it to do! ;)

• Official Post

the tuners are poorly made, well at least on my h7 which i got in the first week of release. Within days i had broken the tuner simply by unplugging the connectors. If you take the tuner block to bits you will see that the parts are simply machine pressed together.

on mine i went about soldering the tuner internals properly. This made them much more sturdy and had the added benefit of improving signal about 15 percent....i will upload some pics of the mod if / when i get some time.

• I'm sending mine to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh1::rasta2bigsmoke0gf1::hello:thumbup::party-time::mosking:

• Well that did not last long. mine has gone Tits up again. The Tuners just stopped working .

Evenings turned it off with remote, next day it was Dead....NOTHING NO signal, NO response from Remote NOTHING.

Pressed Rear White button and NO response at all, after re-boot.

So if you could post the Pics would be great,

Cheers

Andrew

• Warranty?

• i have already had 5 boxes from two different well known UK Dealers , this the first one from an independent Seller,

he sells them with Sub packages and Cards for these Boxes. I have 30 Days to return for Full refund.

I have already made a loss on ALL the Returns having to Pay Postage and the Dealers took a Surcharge of 10%. for re-stocking.!

This current Dealer has let me hold on to it, till the Engineer has been and checked things over.

I have an Engineer coming to test my Sat Equipment on the 18th June. He has so much to do everyone is at Home watching TV

and he can't keep up with the Demand.

We will check Dish alignment, LNB's, DiseqC switches, Cables with compression F-connectors and anything we can think of when he is here.

Will connect the Box directly to LNB without DiseqC and the other Cables. I can't reach the dishes without a Special Ladder with Hooks its too high,

otherwise I would have been up there already long ago checking things out.

If that fails and brings NO JOY then maybe I can send it to "Jenseneverest" to Fix for a Fee?

He said he fixed his Tuner and took some Pics, so maybe we can Fix mine?

This is driving me Nuts, I don't like to give up, but it is absolutely NOT normal, yesterday late afternoon I hooked it up again and it worked for about 4 hrs,

until I switched it OFF, then it locked up again early evening and nothing. NO response from Remote, No Signal Bars, NO Picture, nothing.!!

This happened while watching TV and wanting to change channels.

When it was running I tried and Tested different Images ALL resulting in the same Signal/Tuner issues.!!

Lets see what develops.

Thanks for your ongoing help and support Lads

Cheers

Andrew

• Official Post

AJP007

You are persistent to say the least:thumb: it is not cheap returning all those boxes, not to mention the time wasted in the process.

I am not sure your current issue is a signal issue, BUT it could be (in all honesty what your currently describing it could be anything )

Perhaps if you enable debug logs, hopefully you will get a crash log stored at home - root - logs that would help shed some light on the matter.

Worth checking if there is any stored there now as well...

When the box dose become unresponsive see if you can still connect with DCC ??

Just some other basics,

Are you using a HDD ?

Where are you saving epg data ?

Timeshift ??

I agree, it may be an idea to bypass your switches, connect directly to the sat lnb and see is the issue comes back, just stick on one sat for a few days.

Im waiting on a new phone as mine had an argument with the road yesterday and lost, then will dig out the box post some pics of my h7 tuners..... it will deffo void any warranty so it should be considered the last option IMHO. I only did mine as broke the tuner being heavy handed. Really we should not have to modify a new box to work.... mine came from China so warranty would be impossible in my case .

Good luck

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!