ZGemma H7S Tuner Configuration - 1x Dish Cable from a 4x DiSEqC Switch with 4x LNB's for 4x Satellites

There are 36 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,904 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• jenseneverest,

Thanks for your reply

Yes, you are of course right, any and all Modifications on the Tuner will Void the Warranty. So last resort.

But before I do that I will look for another Box like the AXHD61 4K - GigaBlue Trio 4K - or Octagon SF8008 4K

1 - NO, HDD but USB 128GB Set and Mounted as /media/usb3/ - on one of the other Boxes I had put the HDD in,

BUT it made NO difference, exact same results. SO checked that as well.

2 - Saving EPG to USB stick, stick shows and stores the daily EPG. So checked that as well.

3 - NO Timeshift checked that already - disabled/turned off.......ALL Timers are OFF/Disabled as well.

I don't think I have made a mistake with the EPG settings either see Screenshots.

I have also tried various and most of the Images out there, ALL with the same Tuner/Signal results.

As I type this the Box has come back to life again with Signal returning, absolutely crazy...!!!!

Have made a few Screenshots to show you. EPG Setting Screenshots as well,

A bit windy here today so the Signals on the individual Sat's vary slightly.!

The AGC remains constant its just the SNR which Varies.

Also attached a crash Log from from 08.June 2020, maybe you can please have a look and see if you can find anything.

I have left the last Image on board, cos if I Restart Enigma or Restart Full the Box losses the Signal as well.

So don't want to put the PurE2 back on it. NOT using the Multiboot function yet. Want to keep things simply until I find the problem.

Cheers

Andrew

• It's reasonable to assume it couldn't have been all those boxes!

Most likely it is the equipment outside the house, like switch, LNB, cables... I would bet my money on that!

Your log, it seems to me, admittedly an IT lay person - something like "signal issues"...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• gorski,

Thanks for looking at my Crash Log, so that is the culprit then?

Yes, same thing on ALL the Boxes I've had.

Strangely on my DM 800/800se/800seV2/8000 and 900UHD ALL is working normally no Signal loss or Tuner fallout.

When Engineers arrives on 18th June we will check ALL of those things.

Well the Signal has just gone again while changing Channels. see below

I am totally baffled by this issue I will NOT give up until its resolved and we find the problem.

Cheers

Andrew

• Official Post

AJP007

Of the 3 boxes you mention, i have the sf8008 4k and can not recommend the box more highly, my only wish for that box would be internal hdd space and a better quality remote control (it works just fine btw)

1 - NO, HDD but USB 128GB Set and Mounted as /media/usb3/ - on one of the other Boxes I had put the HDD in,

BUT it made NO difference, exact same results. SO checked that as well.

2 - Saving EPG to USB stick, stick shows and stores the daily EPG. So checked that as well.

3 - NO Timeshift checked that already - disabled/turned off.......ALL Timers are OFF/Disabled as well.

that all looks okay to me, your settings etc etc, But it has been a very long time since i was on HDF image.

I have also tried various and most of the Images out there, ALL with the same Tuner/Signal results.

Well at least the results are common, BUT do you have any issues with your other dreamboxes ?? If not then how can it be your dish or switches ??

Looking at your crash log, i am like gorski and not very technical, rather than guess i will ask someone else to have a look

I still find it hard that you have had issue with so many boxes,

I have left the last Image on board, cos if I Restart Enigma or Restart Full the Box losses the Signal as well.

That deffo should not be happening, and that points to hardware (dish- switch or the box itself ) but if not on your dreambox then ??

Or some sort of software / driver issue....

I remember you saying that you use your own setting, for the sake of testing please try a normal channel list

Fully backup your current image so if needs be you can flash the box and go back to what you currently have

Below is a telnet command that runs a script i made up for updating Ciefp settings (the full motor list and vod iptv )

It will delete all your bouquets / channels and overwrite with his settings, when the script completes reboot the box and try channels on the sats that you do receive, see if it makes any difference or not

Code
    cd /tmp && wget -q --no-check-certificate https://github.com/jenseneverest/motor/raw/master/Ciefp_settings.sh && chmod 755 Ciefp_settings.sh && ./Ciefp_settings.sh
  • jenseneverest,

Thanks for speedy reply as you can see and imagine I'm getting slightly frustrated.

YES have also the same hesitance about the Octagon SF8008 4K, as you, I DO require a HDD also on board.

same goes for the Gigablue UHD Quad 4K..NO HDD on board.

Although there is a German Shop that does a KIT for the Gigablue, ONLY the larger 3.5 HDD though.!

I'm only using a 128gb USB on the H7S because I don't want to open it up as it might have to go back after the 18th.June

Looks like the AXHD 61 4K is the favourite. BUT no choices will be made until problem resolved.

AS you have stated ALL my other Boxes WORK 100%, NO Signal or Tuner issues whatsoever, this is what is so confusing

as to why the H7S makes such an issue of connecting to my Sat System.

Even the new 900UHD with Dual DVB-S2X Tuners makes NO problems and accept what ever Sat's I throw at it.

My IPTV Channels work well, I know that has nothing to do with the Sat Signal, BUT it goes to show the Settings are NOT corrupt.

About my setting list YES, I use my own BUT again it works on ALL my other Boxes even an old crappy "Eagle 1000S" Box.!!

I have also tried VHannibal settings and others from Plugin, but none have worked either.!

I even tried several different/new "satellite.xml" lists, but even here, alas to NO avail.!!

If after Flashing an Image I agree/choose to load pre- set default Settings from the Wizard Set-Up, it make NO difference the Box still has NO Signal.!!

I can't even Scan after installing a new image, because I have NO Signal.

So I logged into DCC/ Telnet and sent your command, with these results, see attachment and Crash Log.

No Channels or Any Favourite Bouquets were loaded just a single Bouquet which was empty!

Third Pic is MY List for GermanTV

Where does your Settings List get Loaded, with your command?

which Location, is it HDD or the regular /etc/enigma2/ ?

Cos I only have the 128gb USB @ /media /usb3/ at present..NO HDD installed.

if its trying to Load onto HDD it obviously will NOT find it, maybe that's why I'm getting NO new Settings list saved/loaded/

Re-loaded my own settings and they ALL appeared as usual, ALL Bouquets, ALL Channels, ALL Sat's and ALL Favourites

Using E-Channelizer Editor but DreamboxEdit 7.2.1 works just as well.

Lets wait until the Engineer has been on the 18th and see what we find, will report back.

Thanks for your Help and Support Lads.

Cheers

Andrew

• Probably wrong settings for the HW you use, then... It is complicated, so...

How many boxes are connected at the same time? LNBs are QUAD or...? How many switches, if QUAD? Two tuners in H7 are fed from different dishes/setups?

There is something important - it seems to me from a distance, like this - you are not telling us about your setup... Take photos of each bit and show us, so we're not wasting time...

Definitively: H7 is fine. We have seen it above, it does work. How come only your settings list works but you can't make Ciefp's or VHanibal's lists working? I think it's your understanding of your system.... If I'm frank... It seems to me you are stubbornly refusing to think differently and it is obviously needed... As you yourself suspect, as you mentioned above...

So, photos and details, please???

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• gorski,

OK Photos will come after I can get up there with the Engineers Ladders.

I am ONLY using one Tuner on the Zgemma H7S so ONLY one Cable is connected. Tried both Top LNB 1 and Bottom LNB 2.

I said I have tried other Setting Lists YES and they don't work because when they were loaded I could NOT get a Signal.

So HOW can I Test them if there is NO Signal there?

It was just chance or Luck that I got the Signal back every time my Setting were on the Box...Crazy I know.!

But that is how it was truly.

There are generally two Boxes connected mostly in the evening one Downstairs off one DiseqC and the second upstairs

off the Second DiseqC, so BOTH are independent from one another.

They should NOT be getting in each others way and they don't when the DM's are running, its only now, that I'm experiencing such

issues/problems since i hooked up this H7S.!

Details are as follows, for my two DM Boxes and Zgemma H7S upstairs, in my Study/Hobby room.

First Dish 95cm with 3xTwin Inverto 0.2 LNB's Pointing to Astra 19e, Hotbird 13e and Thor 0.8w.

Second Dish 70cm with 1xTwin Inverto 0.2 LNB Pointing to Astra 28.2e

From FIRST Dish three Cables from 3 Sats to DiseqC Switch ONE and Three Cables from 3 Sats to DiseqC Switch TWO

From SECOND Dish one Cable from 1 Sat to DiseqC Switch ONE and one Cable from 1Sat to DiseqC Switch TWO.

The Two Cables from both the Outputs of the DiseqC Switches one of which goes to the Downstairs of House and the second Cable to Upstairs.

Cable run length from FIRST DiseqC to Downstairs Plug /TV approx 8 -10 meters. From SECOND DiseqC to the Upstairs Plug/TV approx 16-18 Meters.

NO complicated bends or corners so I assume Cables are NOT damaged. Why would they be?

I think i mentioned before the LNB's, DiseqC's and Cable compression F-Connectors where only newly installed approx 30 months ago.

By the same Engineer who is coming to check it over,

How can they be fooked already that's insane, unless the Pigeons have really gone to Town on my Sat System and crapped all over it, damaging and

corroding the LNB's , Switches and Cable F- connections. We will see if that's the Case.

Which I can't believe because the LNB's are mostly Plastic and the Switches are shielded with the Plastic Pull down Cover as are the Cable F-Connectors

with rubber slip on seals.

Its a pretty straight forward installation really NOT very complicated, I remember seeing Pics of your Set-Up with those LNB on that Dish of yours in

Sweden I think, so this is so very simple compared to that one of yours.

(I also have a Philips Gregorian Multi Focus Dish 90cm with Motor which is currently NOT running, because its NOT needed.)

Hope the System is explained now and you can imagine what it is?

Cheers

Andrew

• One moment one H7 is working, the next moment 3 or 4 are not...

I am sorry, I just can't see it happening...

• Your post 11, for example - you will have to excuse my bluntness - speaks of your constant moving of the goalposts...

One thing is clear: things are not done consistently there! One moment dishes galore, both tuners are used, the same setup for both tuners, then one tuner is not used...

Post 7 motorised system is used, later on it is not used...

You say 'no loop-through', then I am thinking that probably some of those other boxes you have may have a loop-through and you might be using it but not telling us you are, whatever the reason, and that MIGHT be affecting the setup, as in "clashing" would happen....

Then, I am thinking that you should know not all lists have the same format, i.e. they are not to be pushed into all E2s regardless - but do you know this?

I.e. DMM is not to be used in OE-A E2 etc., so don't push your DMM list into PurE2 because:

1) DMM

2) OE-A

3) OpenPLi

(is OpenViX different a bit, as well, so no. 4?)

have a different format!

So, you may be committing a grave error there, as well, rigidly trying to push something that works in one but can not work properly in another STB with a different E2...???

One moment it is just one tuner, the next it is two used, one moment a box is working, the next it goes tits up, one moment it is just one STB on a cable, the next - we are not sure just how many boxes are connected to a single cable, in how many spaces, since you have quite a few STBs to play with... And we all know that loop-through can cause problems, especially when on different transponders... Problem solved, problem re-appeared... Problem here, problem solved, problem re-appears... How do you connect them, which lists go where, are you restoring settings or doing it all carefully from scratch, manually...???

Where do you live? Is the electrical current steady? Do you have some kind of 'shock absorber' to shield the sensitive equipment from serious power fluctuations? Tuners and network cards usually go first when this is not OK...

Are you reconfiguring your internal setup all the time (it seems to me you are)?

I just see confusion there, sorry...

• I don't understand what you are saying,

I have had several Boxes Yes, and they were all returned because they were NOT picking up any Signal or allowing a Sat Scan..Yes

They have ALL had the same constant NO SIGNAL loss and Box Freezing up with NO Remote Control function, Yes

Only solution was too Switch OFF from Rear with White Button.

This last one i purchased was from an independent Dealer, it is behaving exactly the same as the others, only difference being with this one,

is I can keep it for 30 Days to try and resolve these issues/problems.

The other Boxes I had to return after complaining to the Dealers, they wanted them back straight away.!

I have always been talking about the H7S being the problem, that I have DM which cause NO problem was only mentioned to impress that other

Boxes ON same Cable are working perfectly.

I do know that Setting Lists can cause problems, Yes

But If they do, then one notices that fairly quickly, I would say., they just don't work. So yes I know that, Thanks

The Motorised Dish was NEVER connected to the H7s, I said I have it for my other DM, Yes

I live in the UK and have NO problems with Steady Current Flow issues or Power Failure....Thanks

BT Internet Speed 300mbps. Thanks

I am NOT re-configuring my Set-Up..NO

Always the same... Two Dishes, 4xLNB's, Two DiseqC Switches, Two Cables, one Down one Upstairs. Yes

I have always stated I have Two Fixed Dishes and Twin LNB's and Two DiseqC switches., pointing at 4 Sat's, never anything different. NO

POST 27 above clearly explains my Set-Up, AGAIN, Yes

Yes, I did think I solved the problem but a few Days later it returned, Yes

So why would I say, one is working and then 3 or 4 are NOT?

They have ALL had the same issues/problems.

I'm sorry I feel your being very critical of me and NOT really very helpful. I'm telling you that's how it WAS and IS

So its best if we leave it at that.!

Thanks

Andrew

• Look at your posts, FCOL! "Problem solved", then a few days later - "problem re-appeared"...

So works - doesn't work suddenly... "No chance" then "it's working just fine"...

And I must note you do not answer fully re. your setup...

• Official Post

gorski please remind me what LNB's are on your setup ?

I am wondering now if it is the power issue like we see with usals and most lnb's ?? I am going back a long time here, but there was an issue with motors and LNB's that could be solved by using a "low power LNB" (all of mine are of this type anyways) on most of the zgemma ( all ?? )models.....

AJP007

Your setup sounds pretty sorted to me, and the fact remains there is no issue with your other boxes.

This is an example of the LNB im referring to HERE

Your LNB's may already be this type im not sure your exact model..... What worries me is the length of cable run... (with the above issue in mind)

Have you tried the box on your shorter run of cable ?

Cable run length from FIRST DiseqC to Downstairs Plug /TV approx 8 -10 meters.

What issue did you have trying to use that command to install the channel list i posted the other day ?

• Cables up to 50m are OK, m8...

I use various QUAD LNBs (3 types). never bothered with low power ones.

Issue with low power was with PSU missing As (2 instead of 3A, AFAIR) and PurE2 fixed the settings issue long ago...

I have a feeling more boxes are connected at the same time and wrong format list is being forced from one box to the other with wrong settings...

AJ was seriously complicating things in a post above, mixing 2 different DiSEqC protocols needlessly, so from a distance I'd say it's a user, not a HW issue, quite frankly...

• Official Post

Thanks for clearing that up mate,:thumb:

this issue must be solved then..... we need to go back to basics and work it through methodically

Get the box working with one tuner, on one cable with one sat..... then move on to switches and more dishes

• Indeed, that is my point! ;)

126800-6c3cdb8b02-jpg

All 3 are in this photo...

Older Titanium etc.

• Actually, 12 QUAD LNBs from 2 dishes and 4 x 17in1 switches ==> 4 cables into the house and each tuner has access to 14 satellite positions... ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!