DM900 Clone Freezing - Hardware Test Available ?

There are 44 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,616 times. The last Post () by fixitrubr.

• I remember reading some early clones had 100mb ethernet instead of gigabit not sure if the drivers for that would make the box freeze up ?

Is there a command I can type via telnet to show which ethernet controller I have ?

• The clones had (the 2 I have) the 100 Mbps chip instead of the Gigabit. You are correct, they offered to return it to China to replace it, but I think nobody really done it... but I dont think they ever produced a Clone right away with the Gigabit chip.

Emo

• What about the driver for the ethernet port ? If there were two versions did they write the driver for both scenarios ?

As bibic told, the backup of your image that freeze could help, but the tester would need to be in the exact same situation as you with a clone and your sim/driver.

Only on such condition and if the backup never freeze we could consider the fault not the image, so something else.

We had a user that had a freeze problem on his DM900UHD clone, and we discovered that he was using the PSU of his old DM that was 3 Amp instead of the one provided that is 5 Amp... since he used the good one he never had any problem.

So for us if its not the PSU, then it would be a fault in the image (could be a plugin installed !), it could be the driver related to your sim no properly patched or originally buggy too...

If you have anything connected to the box, like USB devices or even HDD internal, these could consume too much and get the box stuck... so use low consumption HDD and even during testing of the problem I would remove completely the HDD that is one of the potential reason of too much current/power used in the box.

Emo

• For testing this freeze situation of late I have been using stock images as posted by the sim2.30 team at dreamnew.co.uk. Are you both suggesting they only provided buggy images ?

On last freeze I've removed the cover to look inside (nothing visible) and did not put it back on. Also swapped the 5A power supply for another. Have been running for two plus days so far but not declaring victory as of yet.

Is there a way by terminal to determine the temperature of the cpu ?

• You can see it on the Gui information page.

Published images have VERY VERY OLD drivers, at least 3 years old...

Emo

Do you mean the Information/About screen of the receiver ? No cpu info there for me on Dream Elite.

The old drivers are immaterial if they match the image/kernel.

• zayden - install openatv and the problems will disappear. There is a script posted that shows you the processor temperature (or on openatv /about)

Dreambox is one of the best receiver.

For the others; if you have nothing interesting to say better post about iptv.

P.S.: last image for sim 2.30 clone dm900 dates from November 2019.

• The drivers are VERY important... otherwise there would not be so much interest to update them... including bug fixes !

On OpenPLi its on the GUI Information menu.

Emo

• P.S.: last image for sim 2.30 clone dm900 dates from November 2019.

Driver is far much older... get the file and check the date in the bcm7439.ko file. GUI shows only the ipk name / date of the originally installed driver on the original image when it was compiled... not the VERY OLD bcm driver file that was replaced with... FYI.

Emo

• This is the date the driver was uploaded/FTPed to the image/box !

Download the file and put on MEGA (give me download link), and I will tell you the exact date of compilation.

Found on our patched database drivers... your driver Sim 2.30 is from April 2018 ... see at Address : 4EA5E8.

20180409-dm900-4-g9e86

Emo

It's old? Thanks monuser

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6077264 Nov 12 2019 bcm7439.ko

• I'm not interested in the latest drivers. Fixing something in software/firmware many times means breaking something else, necessitating an endless supply of "upgrades".

I don't need the latest features, I want stability.

But since YOU bring it up exactly how many driver upgrades has the Japhar team performed (since Sim2.30 team quit) vs Dream Multimedia in that time frame ? Are they one for one ?

• I'm not interested in the latest drivers. Fixing something in software/firmware many times means breaking something else, necessitating an endless supply of "upgrades".

I don't need the latest features, I want stability.

But since YOU bring it up exactly how many driver upgrades has the Japhar team performed (since Sim2.30 team quit) vs Dream Multimedia in that time frame ? Are they one for one ?

Japhar drivers are much more recent than the Sim 2.30 from 2018...

Emo

• Japhar drivers are much more recent than the Sim 2.30 from 2018...

I can confirm that 100% :thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!