Linux Newbie trying to setup Cccam server on Ubuntu

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,322 times. The last Post () by campbell1987.

• Hi all, I have been trying to setup a Cccam server on my new Ubuntu pc and i don't know where to start. Can anyone please point me in the right direction or show me a good noob friendly tutorial i can follow. I am trying to share my white sly uk card to my dads DM500S using an OMNIKEY CARDMAN 3121.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Ok im trying to install my omnikey now.... i am at this stage and am unsure what to do. Can someone please put this in a more noob friendly form>

Next command:

Code:
    nano /etc/opensc/opensc.conf
    And change thise lines by removing # from front and reader_drivers lines u delete one comand too:

reader_drivers = pcsc, ctapi;
    try_emulation_first = yes;
    lock_login = false;

If that is done hit from keyboard ctrl+o and enter, then ctrl+x to exit

• Official Post

It cant get much more straightforward than that mate, however if you look HERE you will find the file already edited for you.

• hi, its actually a nice feeling that i now understand what this guy is doing/trying, what these guys have passed onto you is all you need to get started they gave me exactly the same info and now im running my own.

if you are using the auto install script (i did many times) replace the oscam thats in there and DL the newer one 1.20 6801 and replace make sure its named just it "oscam" that way you will be upto date with oscam :) from the start :)

i also installed the omnikey and got confused, i did do mine correctly after a while sitting and thinking about it but then i copied and pasted the contents of the opensc file into opensc delete its contents 1st crtl+k and paste in then crtl+o then enter then crtl+x job done just to be 100% sure i did do it rite

also using nano is great for editing the cccam.cfg file to add your lines :) i actually now do that from my iphone4 using issh so no need to actually use the pc can even login to the webif on phone too

im sure if you follow the thread i started from knowing not much just a few days ago alot of questions you may have may well clear up any confusion cause believe me i was CONFUSED lol :beated:

• Ha ha..... Tell me about it mate...... This ubuntu is like a foreign language to me..... been running windows pc all my life and i know absolutely nothing and keep getting stuck on what is probably the simplest of things..... Hopefully i will get there in the end.... Any voulenteers want to do it using team viewer.....lol

• Ok then. I am trying to install my omnikey 3121 and now i am stuck on this part

And change thise lines by removing # from front and reader_drivers lines u delete one comand too:
    reader_drivers = pcsc, ctapi;
    try_emulation_first = yes;
    lock_login = false;
    provider_library = /lib/libpcsclite.so.1

If that is done hit from keyboard ctrl+o and enter, then ctrl+x to exit

I don't know which lines to delete and which one to unhash

• Ok so now i have managed to install CCcam/oscam and i have everything up and running, installed omnikey drivers and edited the opensc file all went well now i have card inserted and i have my box connected to the server but channels still aren't clearing??

Any help????/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!