Help with Icecrypt STC3220CCIHD cams and 1841 caid

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 847 times. The last Post () by lesta_smsc.

• I have an Icecrypt STC3220CCIHD. I don't see any FTP option or anyway of updating softcams. In fact, there was a modified firmware by ColdAsICE who enabled these options.

Any ideas how I can update the firmware or even if there is anyway of updating softcam (and which version would I need?).

Thanks in advance :)

• Official Post

I have an Icecrypt STC3220CCIHD. I don't see any FTP option or anyway of updating softcams. In fact, there was a modified firmware by ColdAsICE who enabled these options.

Any ideas how I can update the firmware or even if there is anyway of updating softcam (and which version would I need?).

Thanks in advance :)

Blast from the past that one, is it even enigma2 based ? What cams dose it currently run ??

• I thought it was Enigma2 but it only has e2 database loader (no idea what that even refers to).

Under IP client it has various cams inc cccam, newcamd, mgcamd, homecamd etc. You can only select them but not update. It allows channel and software update via USB but doesn't strictly have a plugin section like other boxes.

Looking online, it is similar to Amiko8260+ since there is a mention of using the Icecrypt STC3220CCIHD firmware on the Amiko8260+.

I cant see any way of even getting FTP to the box, checked open ports on IP and there was nothing really apart from straight port which was not related to file sharing protocol.

• Update:

So the box has no means of updating cams per say and so I just updated the entire firmware which contained the updated emus. There are no official new update builds for this box so I just made an unofficial firmware update! After many attempts and nag screens telling me firmware was not for that box model I finally fixed it!

Works well! In fact seems like it is better at scanning TP than before. Only issue is the CCAM used is possibly the issue unless channels not clearing due to CAID they are on? Some channels seem to clear perfectly but others not clearing - used one of those free CCCAM lines and it did clear certain channels so I suspect some issue still on server side? Or maybe issue with ccamd client?

Also I am able to use ccamd or camd35 protocols. The latter shows CAID and takes longer to clear than using ccamd (if it does at all). There is also cs378x but this causes box to reset.

There is hsdata.cfg upload option which allows you to configure various servers but I'm not sure how to use it but I suspect it will allow better scripting for ccam since it is command line driven and not limited to modifiable options using box own GUI.

Let me know if update is allowed to be posted and I'll upload. The same technique could potentially be used for other box that are unsupported provided there is a firmware that could be merged with updated components.

• It would be nice if you could upload the file so we can use, As im not having much luck with it.

• Official Post

lesta_smsc

i moved your posts to another thread, the cable fix was in the other thread is specific to enigma2 based boxes using oscam, or patched versions of cccam and mgcamd.

As you say a lot of this is server dependant, a lot of servers are crap, and you can polish a turd as much as you like but it will still be a turd....

• lesta_smsc

i moved your posts to another thread, the cable fix was in the other thread is specific to enigma2 based boxes using oscam, or patched versions of cccam and mgcamd.

As you say a lot of this is server dependant, a lot of servers are crap, and you can polish a turd as much as you like but it will still be a turd....

This box is not enigma2 in the sense of being able to run any e2 code. Only channel list is updated via e2 database.

What box are you using? This could brick your box if you install the wrong firmware. It works on my STC3220 but that's because I used the firmware as a base for modification.

• Zgemma H9.2H

• you're better off using appropriate build for your box eg OpenATV or PurE2

• Cheers mate

• lesta_smsc

Would be kind to let me know how well your sever works and whether they offer a trial to test out whether the patched firmware is working correctly. Would look at switching servers if it's better with yours.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!