how to blindscan with BH + VIX with VU+ UNO

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,022 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Just to point out ( and this is not one of those my image is better than your image crap ),

The blindscan plugin in ViX is the most advanced available on any E2 receiver thanks to the many many hours of work put in by HUEVOS use in conjunction with

Code
    http://satellites-xml.org/

for the absolute best results and the fastest scan, most accurate results possible

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I would agree ,,it is the fastest scan I have ever tried to date but i have only tried out the vix on 28.2º as you can see above ,,
    as far as advanced ¿ why don´t you show a few pix with a few comparisons on images??

• well i am at work at the moment so have no access to my receiver but off the top of my head here are some of the advances the ViX blindscan has over others.

you can tell the scan to only scan known working transponders, When used with the above posted satellites.xml file this will drastically reduce the amount of time needed for a full scan while still pulling in the same amount of channels. also by using the site above to generate your satellites.xml you can choose to have it only contain known working transponder, this will drastically reduce the size of the satellites.xml file often by as much as half again meaning a faster scan as it no longer needs to pause over dead or inactive transponder while trying to get a lock. ( technically not for blindscan but it's a feature no other image has for regular scans ).

you can tell the scan to only scan unknown transponders, The scan will first look to the satellites.xml file, it will then run a quick scan to identify what transponders are transmitting and only scan those which it did not already know ie ones not in the satellites.xml file. ( very good for feed hunters ).

you can tell the scan to filter out adjacent satellites, for example if you run on normal blindscan on 28.2 east there is a very strong possibility of picking up transponders from 26 east especially if your using a big dish, with this option the scan will blank out all those known transponders for 26 east leaving no possibility of bleed over.

you can perform a full working blindscan of C-band frequencies ( this was not possible at all on any E2 machine until huevos implemented it although i believe pli now also have a basic ability to do this but it still does not rival that of the ViX C-band blindscan.

you can tell the scan to save the results of it's blindscan to a .xml file ( not the satellites.xml file ) rather than saving the results to the receiver ( there are many good uses for such data ).

now i'm sure there are more things that i cant think of rite now but those are just some of the advances of the ViX blindscan, although it is worth pointing out that E2 blindscan at the moment is still no rival for a dedicated unit such as a DR.HD F-15 or it's bigger brother the DR.HD F-16, but it's getting there.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!