enigma2 network throttling?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 607 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• Not sure what's happening here.. I first notice my tablet is slow and an ! appears next to the wifi indicator...

PC slows to a crawl and takes ages to load pages, a bit like dial up in the 90s.

Doing a speed test shows max down but nothing going up... I have 100mb VM with superhub 3.

Had VM engineer out 6 times and he found at last it was my box, Extrend ET1000, was gobbling up bandwidth and throttling the upload..

Unplugging the network cable from the box to the router restores the service immediately

Updating the image seems to fix it for a couple weeks then it suddenly reappears..

Today it happened just 3 days after image update.. I have changed my network adapter as the et10000 has 2 internet sockets.. Its currently working off the vlan adapter.

Anyone any idea whats going on?

• Official Post

Weird one, but i bought my own router as vermin routers are super crap

What plugins do you run on the xtrend ?? Dose it do when watching FTA channels on satellite or is doing this with iptv ?

Can you not hard wire the xtrend with a cat5/6 cable to the router ?

• Yes it is hardwired with a cat cable.

Just got the normal plugins, all Ive added is youtube and Jedi maker for my iptv.

Will putting the vm super? hub into router mode and use my linksys 1900 help?

I was using the lynksis but have had days of downtime and all sorts of problems, had the vm engineers out 6 times in 2 months.. turns out there was short on the cable in the street...

Its random but once it starts doesnt go away without some material change, like updating the image..

• Official Post

had the vm engineers out 6 times in 2 months.. turns out there was short on the cable in the street...

A few years ago i had the same issue, it took about 10 visits before it was fixed properly, and was about 6 months of misery, however it has been rock solid since then, bar the cable network issue that vermin are in the news for quite often for.....

I have not bothered with modem mode on there router, (if you phone to complain, the first thing they notice is that your in modem mode and it is then easy to blame your equipment)

i simply plugged my router into there one and use both, then all the household devices that i consider unimportant use the vermin wifi network, all the important stuff like the sat box and gaming console, streaming boxes etc etc run off my own router (with vpn if required)

Another thing to consider is assigning your xtrend its own ip address (this can be done in network setup ) rather than the router assigning one.

Monitor your broadband quality may shed some light on the matter too

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

• Solved!

I found my mgcamd software was doing the dirty while it was running....

Was able to turn the problem on and off by starting and stopping the mgcamd..

Back on openvix now with no problems

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!