Smargo in usb hub or extension lead

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,014 times. The last Post () by dejv.

• Im new and i am building a server using cccam and oscam (most probably ill be using debian)

I read in a forum that for cccam the smargo is the best card reader to use.

If i connect my cards to the smargo and then to a hub will the ecm time increase ?

or would it be better if i use the usb extensions and connect from the pc directly to the smargo?

• kemestri rite there cheap as chips!!!but if u have alrite got smartgo buy powered hub trust me. omnikey were to buy [url=http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/CAMs,-Cards-and-Readers-Programmers-and-Interfaces/c40_143/p281/Omnikey-3121-Cardman-USB-Smartcard-Reader/product_info.html]Omnikey 3121 Cardman USB Smartcard Reader ₤9.99 FREE UK DELIVERY[/url]

• Horses for courses mate but if your going to use the Smargo use Powered Hub as Rocket suggests, you can see a 25 - 50% drop in ECM times!

Either way there a tweaking/configurations that can be done to readers

But all the info is on here dependant on your provider

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• ok thanks. bought the 7port usb.

got anotherquestion.

as already stated at the begining i am building a server for 2 cards. and using oscam and cccam.
    will i need to be running 2 instances of oscam or 1 is enough?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!