How to install a Backup image on octagon sf8008 ?

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,505 times. The last Post () by pascal46.

• Hello,

- Download latest Enigma2 Image of your choice.

PurE2 Octagon sf8008

- USB 2.0or 3.0 minimum 2 GB USB stick formatted with FAT32.

- Unpack the image and copy BOTH the ‘octagon‘ folder and the ‘usb_update.bin‘ to root of the USB stick.

- Turn off the box.

- Plug the USB stick into the USB 3.0 port on the right side.

- Press and hold the standby button and power on the box until “Updt” is displayed.

- Select “Recovery From USB” from TV screen menu.

- Box restarts when update is completed.

• There is no Update bin file in the octagon folder only Kernel.bin so how can I fix it ? The backupfile I wannna use is this openatv-6.4-sf8008-backup-by_taha90_mmc

• you can still flash it, dpends your image from internal image flashing

or

try to recovery image through backupsuite in your active image.

place your image (unziped) in a flash disc, place it in your receiver and mount it.

through backupsuite/blue button ... select image to flash.

i don't know which is your active image, but in sf8008 there are kernel and partitioning changes. openatv 6.3 is in old kernel.

p.s , i agree with atari, that it is better to install a new clear image, and add anything that you want.

• It working Perfect !!! THANK YOU MAN AND HAVE A NICE WEEK !!!!!! :tv::thank_you2::thank_you2::thank_you2::thank_you2::thank_you2:

• in about an hour, you are expecting and an answer...:derpthink:

as there is the multiboot option in the receiver, you can install it in another slot of your receiver (without loosing your excisting image) , and test it if it works well and if it has the things that you want from an image...! if not you just return in your active one.

• On Octagon sf8008, if I install an .emmc image without completing any setup (which also automatically deletes all currently installed images), say in slot 1, and then install an .mmc image in the same slot 1, is the recovery menu lost or still installed?

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!