How install Satellite Manually ?

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,152 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Hello !

I Have a Octagon SF 8008 ¤k with OpenATV 6.4. How can I add a new satellite in my list ? I have downloaded the Chifp satellite list but there is some sat missing from 50 to 75 degr east. So how can I fix that ? Wan't to give the ( NEW ) position a name. Yes I have motorparabol from 75 degr east to 75 degr west. :dish:

• Official Post

Hello !

I Have a Octagon SF 8008 ¤k with OpenATV 6.4. How can I add a new satellite in my list ? I have downloaded the Chifp satellite list but there is some sat missing from 50 to 75 degr east. So how can I fix that ? Wan't to give the ( NEW ) position a name. Yes I have motorparabol from 75 degr east to 75 degr west. :dish:

you need to edit your satellite.xml file (etc - tuxbox) and reboot the box after, the new positions should be available in tuner configs then

or download one here:

http://satellites-xml.org/

when you blind scan, you also get a tempory sat.xml in the temp directory, you can also use this to add to the sat.xml if required

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!