Loosing Channels Randomly

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,673 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi fellows, this is my first ever post on this forum.
    I have already introduced myself having DM 800 HD SIM 201 clone.
    Its currently running DreamElite v3.0 and CCCam v2.3

Im not sure if this is the right forum, but request to Admin, to move it to right forum if its unsuited here.

My problem is with loosing channels randomly. Many channels at times would work perfectly and other times I get one of two messages "SID not found in PAT" or "Tune failed". Im not sure on both of these error messages. The same channels working one day will end up having these error messages the other day.
    So for eg. *** Atlantic HD will work one day and ***1 HD may have these errors, the next day it could be vice versa. Its a pretty rough description but alot of people are complaining the same about DM 800 HD SIM 201 clones, so I know im not the only one affected.

Im not able to manually scan alot of channels as well, uploading them from an EPG using DBEdit, and again the same problem, some times they work normally other times no luck. My dish was installed and aligned by a professional, and I have a clear view of *** where its installed, so I dont think its anything to do with installation of the dish. So far my best bet is the Tuner, I havent checked opening the box what kind of tuner its got installed but Im guessing it could be the tuner problem.

Could any one tell what could be the reasons and possible solutions, which one of the following list is most likely to cause it, and again any possible solutions
    - Tuner
    - CCCam Server ( from a local provider )
    - Image (currently running DreamElite v3.0 but had this with another image as well with same problem)
    - Drivers (im not sure about which ones im using right now)
    - Dish Alignment

I have had this problem for a while now, and have googled alot on this issue, have gone through many forums but no one has any satisfactory answer to this

• have you tried a pre made channel list ?
    i would attempt to use sgt flipflops latest channel list or catseye ¬ there are lots to choose from !
    If the same problem occurs then its likely to be a hardware based issue !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Yes I have tried uploading using DBEdit a few different list but still the same problem.
    Between, I managed to disassemble the DM800 and take the tuner out of it, and here is what I found (to my surprise)
    Japanese ALPS BSBE2-A801G, REV M

Spec wise, I have a nice tuner, does any one disagree ?

If not, then what could be the issue

shamonemf: what have you tried so far

• Another thing which is really important as part of this conversation is that a friend of mine has VU+ Duo, original one direct from Korea not a clone.
    I took his box with his CCCam config and plugged it my home on my network and dish ! and the result was
    "NO GLITCHING" ...
    clean and smooth channels, HD and everything ...

Which means my dish alignment or my internet could not be an issue

• Another thing which is really important as part of this conversation is that a friend of mine has VU+ Duo, original one direct from Korea not a clone.
    I took his box with his CCCam config and plugged it my home on my network and dish ! and the result was
    "NO GLITCHING" ...
    clean and smooth channels, HD and everything ...

Which means my dish alignment or my internet could not be an issue

Did you get a copy of his channel set up, also who are you getting your c line from, is it local, if so, is the server stable

Chers

• I have tried a few different list, but i know its not about the list itself, because the same channel working perfectly fine one day can have 0% SNR next day
    The server is a local one, and is quite stable, if there's anything the guy will let us know in advance by text

• Official Post

Have you noticed if the DM800 is over heating at all ? Channels work fine until the mainboard over heats, then causing tuner failure.

If this is the case its easily fixed with a usb fan.

If its not over heating and you have tried latest channel lists, its more than likely a faulty tuner.

• Could any one tell what could be the reasons and possible solutions, which one of the following list is most likely to cause it, and again any possible solutions
    - Tuner
    - CCCam Server ( from a local provider )
    - Image (currently running DreamElite v3.0 but had this with another image as well with same problem)
    - Drivers (im not sure about which ones im using right now)
    - Dish Alignment

Different channel lists, network scan, blindscan, new software.

Thing I want to try next it going straight to the channels on a cold reciever may be an overheating issue.

the word intermittent is what's most important here ! Your problem is an intermittent problem which makes it very difficult to diagnose !

Have you tried a different LNB ?
    LnB is the most probable cause in my opinion or Tuner ?
    Alternative is try it on someone elses' set-up (which will have a different LnB) if it still persists you can be sure its hardware related tuner issue _ sometimes you can be unlucky and have a fault,after all there is thousands of units out in the world it must be a game of numbers -
    If No problems then you know its the LnB - I have seen different box working with faulty lnbs ¬ all be it intermittently ¬ what i mean is ? Because a Duo worked at yours fine for a short time doesn't mean the LnB isn't faulty imo !
    Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• if it was overheating then why only some channels would work and others not ? they should all be gone right

secondly there are some specific channels which are affected by this, its not that all channels will have this issue. could this still be a LnB thing ?

• if it was overheating then why only some channels would work and others not ? they should all be gone right

NO - VCO's and Semiconductors will and can pick up different frequencies at different temperatures ¬

secondly there are some specific channels which are affected by this, its not that all channels will have this issue. could this still be a LnB thing ?

YES , There are four stages of satellite signal ¬ vertical low band 13v 10.70-11.70 GHz horizontal 18v low band 10.70-11.70 GHz + the same Vertical 13v and horizontal 18v high band (11.70-12.75 GHz) ¬ Most LnBs fail to switch to low band ¬ The receiver sends a 22khz tone to activate the switch as well as the given polarization voltage 13v for vertical and 18v for Horizontal when you attempt to tune to a channel !
    Is it a 5ky style mini dish ? if so you can pick an LnB up for very little on Fleebay !
    i Have seen lots of LnBs with intermittent faults over the years !
    sometimes with spiders living in the feedhorn - as they move about different channels on different frequencies were affected -

Rik

• Its a 5KY, not a mini dish but a full blown dish ... if I test it with a different LnB it means that I have realign the LnB after installation which im not sure how easy task that would be .. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, like one of the members suggested, can a USB Fan be of any help as well

• there was a usb - 5v fan modification by a fella called jimux on some forum or another ¬
    If its a straight Non 5ky mini dish Quad ? twin ? single lnb - just take a picture and a note of its position exactlly - most have a degree setting printed around the neck ! One simple way is to mark the 12 o clock position of the lnb against where it sits in the holding bracket - like when you change the cambelt on a car for example - ! Use wd40 on the nuts and screws involved the day before changing when possible if rust is present and you should be good ! theres always the signal meter on the STB for final small tweaks !

Rik

• hi guys ... thanks for all the possible help .. i checked the LnB was working fine, so it was the clone causing issues then.
    Thankfully I was able to sell the clone back to the provider from whom I bought cam and I bought myself a cool new Vu+ Duo, an original one and not a clone. its really nice box and i like it alot, plus its twin tuner now.

So, here is how I want to end this conversation now.
    Do not rely on cheap chinese clones, pay 100 quids extra but make sure you buy the original one, I was having one of the issues for channel glitching, I have heard people had literally bricked their clone boxes by flashing and other random stuff.

Anyone else, comes to this conversation through google, I wish him all the good luck in fixing the glitch, but its eventually a hardward problem and cant be solved using software. I wish the sufferers of this problem all the very best in solving.

• master G

Added the Label DVB-S2 Tuner

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!