Wetek play Wont boot as it going to recovery mode

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,843 times. The last Post () by teak-won-do.

• Hi all,

I need your help. I have a bit of trouble with booting with my sd card, when I pressed the upgrade button on the back of the wetek play 2 for 7 seconds, it will take me to go to recovery mode so it won't boot. I've checked on the sd card on the file manager and it can read the sd card with no problem.

How do you get the openelec to boot when you press on the upgrade button?

Are there anything that I might have miss something?

What I did is I have copied the files of .zip, .alm and img from the zip file that I downloaded and I've pasted them onto my sd card.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• simply read, then you will also learn how to get into recovery mode

• Official Post

chris0147

I am replying your PM here....

I do not have this box, i had a wetek 1 years ago that i bricked trying to update firmware and it eventually went in the dustbin

THIS IS TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS....

USE THE FORUM FOR SUPPORT - NOT THE PM SYSTEM

I WILL NOT HELP IF YOU ASK FOR HELP VIA PM

PLEASE USE THE FORUM -

THAT WAY OTHER MEMBERS THAT COME ALONG WITH THE SAME PROBLEM SIMPLY READ AND FIX THE ISSUE QUICKLY

FIXING THINGS IN PRIVATE HELPS NO ONE ELSE BUT THE PERSON ASKING FOR HELP

THAT IS NOT WHAT A FORUM IS FOR

BTW

(i may have a spare remote and tuner for the wetek 1, laying about, if anyone wants to pay postage for them)

• How to create bootable SD Card for WeTeK Play 2

Quick simple guide for how to create a bootable Micro SD Card for WeTeK Play 2 using image file of your choice

1) Download LibreELEC USB-SD Creator from link below:

Code:

Code
    https://libreelec.tv/downloads/

2) Download your chosen image file. Image file will be a img.gz file, .tar files are for updates. For this guide I've used Raybuntu Kryton10 build from here:

Code:

Code
    https://github.com/Raybuntu/LibreELEC.tv/releases/tag/rb-krypton10

3) Insert your SD Card into your card reader / writer on PC/MAC etc...no any data on this card will be lost

4) Open LibreELEC USB-SD Creator with Administrator rights, you will see this screen below, ignore step 1 as you've downloaded an image file of your choice

5) In Step 2 select the file of your choice

attachment.php?attachmentid=53601&d=14934409516) Go to Step 3 and ensure your SD card is selected, if its not select by default select the correct storage device

7) Go to Step 4 and click on Write. That's it! Simple! Just wait for the Creator to complete

You will now have a bootable SD Card

thx to Sicilian

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!