Problem running Smargo on Powered USB Hub!

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,012 times. The last Post () by sWeRvEr.

• Hi guys... My powered USB hub arrived today Battered & in pieces.. Go ebay, but still working.. When I rigged it up and switched my Smargo over to it, it worked but I was getting errors on oscam, It was telling me that card reader was not recognised at device 002:002. So I logged into server & ran lsusb, I found that the device was now listed as 002:006.

I made the changes in oscam, restarted oscam but same errors.. I decided to reboot and got same kind of error "card reader was not recognised at device 002:006", So I logged into server & ran lsusb, I found that the device was now listed as 002:005.. I decided to pull the plug as I could not afford more downtime..

I know there is an option to set the device as /dev/ttyUSB? instead of 002:002 format but I can’t find the page that mentioned the linux command that listed my device location in this format.. I don’t know if this will sort my problem but I think I read somewhere about this being a solution for a similar problem..

I found this post but its only for cccam
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…-linux-receivers-pcs.html

Also, any testimonials for the reduction in ecm times after setting up powered hub for smargo? Is this hub worth the stress?

Thanks guys.

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• I Have this problem mate, everytime i reboot PC it assigns a diff device ID to my ports pain in the arse!

What you may have to do is the following because unless someone puts me right using the USB hub you may not be able to fix it with the SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 setting

Reboot Machine
    In termianl lsusb
    Stop Oscam using killall -9 oscam should do it
    now edit your oscam.server file using the nano command or whatever you use
    add line
    device 001:003 (your settings)
    Save the file
    In terminal type oscam -b (starts oscam)

and see if it picks it up

You may have to do this everytime you reboot your server unless someone else has an option?

ECM times will decrease though so is worth doing

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Failing that try adding this in oscam.server

SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB1
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB2
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB3
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB4

Restart Oscam and which ever reading picks up your Reader keep that one in the oscam.server file and delete the rest!

lssdalogo.png

• Thanks mrgmx, In a few weeks this won’t be a problem because hopefully everything will be permanent by then & there will be no need for reboot.. But until then I am trying to optimise the server & I am rebooting it at least once or twice a night and what you suggested would be an annoyance to say the least but if it has to be done, well so be it.. I’m sure one of the linux guru's here could write a script that could:
    1.. stop oscam
    2.. detect Smargo device location
    3.. edit oscam.server to update device location
    4.. restart oscam..

Even with my limited linux knowledge I know this is not a very complicated script (for a linux expert) so hopefully someone with the know how will give us a dig out.. Or better still find a simple work around..

Fingers crossed m8

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• yeah, I'll give that a shot m8 thanks..

I cant test it till the wee hours but I'll update you on how it goes...

• Try post before mate with multiple readings in Oscam file and see if that works!

To be honest i havent switched my server off in the past few weeks so didnt even bother trying it?

You will teach me something if it works although the credit comes from the other Mods, just forgotten who :)

lssdalogo.png

• will do m8, we were both typing at the same time... I'll update you in the morning..

• OK, tried above m8, no joy.. Getting this in oscam webif

Any ideas anyone?

• Have you tried with the

device = 001:002

Just restart oscam after Not server as the port will change?

Post your Oscam.server file and ill see if it differs from mine

lssdalogo.png

• Here is the oscam.server file that I tried (just to see which device address showed up in oscam) which gave me all the oscam errors in last post:

I've been reading around the net and it seems like there is no permanent fix to the Smargo device address changing on reboot when using the powered Hub.. Its driving me mad now..

Cheers M8

• Try the other way then just so we can see if thats the problem.

In terminal - lsusb

In oscam.server input the device is (device = 001:001)

In Oscam Webif - Shutdown and Restart

Leave a couple of mins and log back in to webif

Veiw log and let me know if it picks it up

lssdalogo.png

• Sorry m8, i got stuck into that for past 5 hours... I sorted it & locked Smargo Device address on restart so It's a permanent fix... I’ll write a tutorial later when I gather all the steps that I used... Need serious coffee break now.. Ecms dropped from over 270ms average to about 120-170. Oscam time to read card down from 150ms to between 70-95ms.. Well chuffed..

• Think you are getting your CCcam.cfg and oscam.server configs mixed up here - the above would be for a CCcam.cfg file and you would usually have to add 'smartreader+' flag after each line if used in CCcam.cfg if you are trying to get a smargo to work. In oscam.server file you would need to use the 'device =' and 'protocol =' flags to define your type of reader. I know you ended up on the right track in the end, but to save others that might refer to this thread to sort out their issues a bit of time, just thought I would point this out - not trying to be picky!:baffle:

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Yeah realised that musogeek, typo by mrgmg.. Either way it was just trial and error for troubleshooting the problem of the Smargo Reader's Device address changing on reboot when using a powered USB Hub.. The problem was nothing to do with the oscam configs in the end m8..

• Sorry m8, i got stuck into that for past 5 hours... I sorted it & locked Smargo Device address on restart so It's a permanent fix... I’ll write a tutorial later when I gather all the steps that I used... Need serious coffee break now.. Ecms dropped from over 270ms average to about 120-170. Oscam time to read card down from 150ms to between 70-95ms.. Well chuffed..

Having the same problem myself. Did you ever get around to writing the tutorial?
    Thanks

• PERMANENT SMARGO USB PORT

cd /emu/oscam "or where ever list_smargo is"
    ./list_smargo in putty

enter the following into oscam.server to specify the device port number

device = Serial:Reader 93

this will give u a static address of smargo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!