How to achieve a factory reset of an original Dreambox 800 HD that does not reboot ?

There are 38 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,332 times. The last Post () by emosim.

• How to achieve a factory reset of an original Dreambox 800 HD that does not reboot after a CCCam provider programmed its adjunction? And after multiple failure in flashings 7 DM800HD images.

How to reboot the box mechanically or electrically ?

Edited once, last by Montroc ().

• please read here

we need a little more information about the box. Simply expressing the desire to reboot the box is not an error description.

Troubleshooting:

Is there something in the display or does it stay dark?

Is the front LED on?

Does the hard drive start?

Alternative power supply tested?

Important ! DO NOT install image that not match with your sim card.

1. Download DM800 image that match with your sim card from below folder.
    2. Connect DM800 to your router (DHCP server) with a network cable.
    3. Press the power button on the front cover of DM800 and keep it pushed down.
    4. Plug the power cord back in now.
    5. Release the power button until you see the “*** STOP ***” text on the OLED screen.
    6. Then you will see an IP address displayed on the OLED screen, too.
    7. Open the web browser on your PC, and enter the box's IP address in the address field.
    8. Flash Second Stage Boot Loader.
    • Select the “firmware upgrade” link in the displayed webpage, and then select the "secondstage bootloader" for your image.
    • Click on the “Flash!” button and wait till the progress bar reached the 100% mark.
    • DO Not click on Reboot button !!

Flash Firmware.

• Open new tab on web browser, and enter the box's IP address in the address field.
    • Select the “firmware upgrade” link in the displayed webpage, and then select the main firmware for your image.
    • Click on the “Flash!” button and wait till the progress bar reached the 100% mark.
    • DO Not click on Reboot button !!

Flash Second Stage Boot Loader again.

• Open new tab on web browser, and enter the box's IP address in the address field.
    • Select the “firmware upgrade” link in the displayed webpage, and then select the "secondstage bootloader" for your image.

Now you can restart your DM800.

• Thank you so much for your attention to my request.

I shall provide you with all the details you might need to advise me and possibly save my Dreambox 800 HD. It has worked perfectly for years. It is a streaming and CCcam provider (I am for three years a satisfied streaming customer) who offered an extension of its CCcam services. He programmed my Dreambox by Anydesk to enable me to test it during a single day. When his programming was over, he asked me to restart the box. I did it and the box never rebooted. I tried 7 images (two historic ones from my files and 5 other among them animage you suggested. The image which restores the first TV views is newenigma2-ipk-weekly-dm800-06_09_2020.nfi. These first views are Vu+ 2.1.7 followed by Vu+ Black Hole with unfortunately rebooting...

My model : S/N: 8A18130000032260 MAC: 00 09 34 28 3C C1

The box was offered by one of my sons who installed it and is not unfortunately available to solve this problem. I can operated but not program it.

I appreciate very much your help.

• To Teak-won-do: You described your occupation as a haker. Could you penetrate my Dreambox DM800HD that does not reboot even after having flashed your recommended image: newenigma2-ipk-weekly-dm800-06_09_2020.nfi?

I remind you that the box read light flashes, there are two initial images on display. First immediate image Vu+ 2.1.7 (https://www.linuxsat-support.c…chment/151888-bc6ef4-png/) 30 seconds black interface and then second image Black Hole 2.1.7 rebooting ...(https://www.linuxsat-support.c…achment/151889-53d44-jpg/) . My box is original , its picture is:(https://www.linuxsat-support.c…t/151890-2d863696d61-jpg/). The hard disc seems to me functioning.

I am a bit surprised that the German inventors of the Dreambox system have not provided an electric or mechanical solution to reset the factory setup in case of a user programming failure. Users' programming failure must be quite common without becoming fatal. If my proposition is true, what is that solution?

• To Teak-won-do: You described your occupation as a haker. Could you penetrate my Dreambox DM800HD that does not reboot even after having flashed your recommended image: newenigma2-ipk-weekly-dm800-06_09_2020.nfi?

I remind you that the box read light flashes, there are two initial images on display. First immediate image Vu+ 2.1.7 (https://www.linuxsat-support.c…chment/151888-bc6ef4-png/) 30 seconds black interface and then second image Black Hole 2.1.7 rebooting ...(https://www.linuxsat-support.c…achment/151889-53d44-jpg/) . My box is original , its picture is:(https://www.linuxsat-support.c…t/151890-2d863696d61-jpg/). The hard disc seems to me functioning.

I am a bit surprised that the German inventors of the Dreambox system have not provided an electric or mechanical solution to reset the factory setup in case of a user programming failure. Users' programming failure must be quite common without becoming fatal. If my proposition is true, what is that solution?

There is no possible FATAL KILL of Dreamboxes, even clones. If you write this, it means you have no idea how DMM hardware/software works. A box is ALWAYS recoverable, and I appreciate this from DMM Team at contrary of VU that killed many flash/boxes around that they didn't owned, just because these were not original... very unfair behavior that they repay having such clients even not buying original VU anymore.

Emo

Please excuse me for no answers to such inquiries

• Emo,

In your statement, that extract interests me the most: "There is no possible FATAL KILL of Dreamboxes, .....A box is ALWAYS recoverable, and I appreciate this from DMM Team " And I share your judgement:" it means you have no idea how DMM hardware/software works". You are perfectly right: I am able to operate the DM800 HD as I did it for 5 years without any problem with its Vu+ 2.1.7. and its Black Hole 2.1.7. skin. I do not know how to program it and I have no idea how DMM hardware/software works. it is wrong programming by a steaming provider that generates the non-rebooting. I am satisfied client for three years by their streaming services, so I accepted their offer to install a CCcam system for one day probation.

Question: could your DMM Team tell me how to proceed to get a rebooting? Having failed with flashing 7 images (including two ancients used by me in the past), the best being "newenigma2-ipk-weekly-dm800-06_09_2020.nfi" without enabling rebooting, I came to the concept of an electric or mechanical solution to reset the factory setup.

I am very pleased to get your DMM Team's confirmation of what I suspected, that the box is ALWAYS recoverable. Please, tell me how to proceed.

• For opening PM you must click "Conversation" icone. What is factory reset? When you do a factory reset you will lose ALL your

configuration data ( bouquets , services , satellite data etc...) and nothing else. After "programming" you can't reboot yor box.

That's the problem. To solve your problem ask your CCCam provider.

• Many thanks

to technotvl2: There is internet connection to my Dreambox 800hd

to Panda555: My CCcam provider is prepared to act if the box reboots. They recognise their responsibility. I do not know at this stage if they are prepared to reprogram the box after reset. but before questioning them, I rather know how to reset to factory the box. If you know, tell me, please.

• You show your box getting to the boot screen.

Couple of thing springs to mind here as at that point the box is powering up the tuner ethernet card etc.

Try another Power supply to see if that allows it to boot, if that does not work remove the tuner from its slot. If your box boot then your tuner has a fault. There are also a number of caps on the board that can stop booting are you any good at soldering ?

Edited once, last by Compo ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!