non responsive dm500

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,462 times. The last Post () by Mee®kat.

• ok i flashed my dm500 clone via network with a recommended pli image and it froze and became non responsive. now using a null modem cable and dreamup after installing the flash loader it stalls with the message: upload completed waiting for acknowledgement. i have tried all the different versions of dreamup and sunray to flash but still the same. i even found a forum with a small program called an enforcer to force a flash after the: upload completed waiting for acknowledgement message but then as the image is being uploaded it stops with the error aborted!

i have no idea what else i can do to retrieve this box. i believe its the flash loader isnt being installed or the box is non responsive at all????

VU Duo VIX OE3.0

OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #6059
    CCcam 2.1.3 server

• ok i flashed my dm500 clone via network with a recommended pli image and it froze and became non responsive. now using a null modem cable and dreamup after installing the flash loader it stalls with the message: upload completed waiting for acknowledgement. i have tried all the different versions of dreamup and sunray to flash but still the same. i even found a forum with a small program called an enforcer to force a flash after the: upload completed waiting for acknowledgement message but then as the image is being uploaded it stops with the error aborted!

i have no idea what else i can do to retrieve this box. i believe its the flash loader isnt being installed or the box is non responsive at all????

Maybe try a different version, ¿why not try ten below´s e1 ***k ready backup??

I have tried differ et versions of everything mate. Dreamup, Sunray and images. The box will not even ping? What exactly is this e1 backup by ten? Where would you recommend I get a decent cheap dm clone

VU Duo VIX OE3.0

CCcam 2.1.3 server

• You could try flashing with this image "Erase Img 500-56x0" with the null modem cable:
    Erase Img 500-56x0.rar

If that works, I would suggest again Flashing your desired image with DreamUp
    DreamUP1.3.3.4.rar

I use this image on my DM500..
    http://linuxsat-support.com/dm…m500-release-renwich.html

Steps to follow when Flashing with Dreamup using null modem cable.

1.. Confirm your null modem cable port no. eg Com1, Com3 etc.. To do this open up Device manager, Go down to Ports section, There you should see your null modem cable Com number. Com**
    2.. Start up DreamUp 1.3.3.4
    3.. Select your Port number retrieved in Step1
    4.. Connect your unplugged DM500 to your Host PC with null modem cable.
    5.. Click Connect
    6.. Plug in your Dreambox
    7.. Select Image & let it work away.

Could you also tell us what message you get in DreamUp window after Step 6 above..
    If you get your DM500 back up and running with the null modem cable, I would suggest flashing with DreamBox-OptiFlasher-v1.0.2 addached Below..

Best of luck, Let me know how you got on.

• Tried it mate no joy. Doing a lot of reading up on it and from what I understand the basic instructions in the flash memory have been wiped or the flash chip is goosed, I have contacted the seller Espow.com and they are happy to replace it which is good news, do you think I should upgrade to a better box from this supplier bearing in mind my first box is only to test my server? What would u recommend

VU Duo VIX OE3.0

CCcam 2.1.3 server

• Dm500 SD ORIGINAL boxes are about 10 years old ,,, SD is a thing of the past..
    Today´s standard is HD/3D ( Enigma 2) which are evolving constantly..
    By the time you "save up" for a decent box, there will be new boxes with newer specs..
    So.... why not take a look at the sponser´s site ,see what is affordable to your pocket , read the posts asking similar questions,
    Come to a conclusion ( which is more than obvious ) and then go for it!!
    Remember to ask for the discount available to users on this site .
    Whatever you choose to do or not ,,at least you were informed beforehand ;)

Do you think I should upgrade to a better box from this supplier bearing in mind my first box is only to test my server? What would u recommend

I'd agree 100% with cazuela but I’d also have to add that I think the DM500's are workhorses and extremely good value.. Of course you are limited by the hardware in these box’s but if you don’t need any of the fancy stuff (Recording etc..) the DM500 is perfect for the job and when you upgrade, they can go to the bedroom(s).

Right now I am using a DM500S in the sitting room and the picture quality is well above what I expected from SD Scart on my 50" HD Flatscreen. I am also saving for high spec box for the sitting room with Record, twin tuners, HD & all the rest and as caz says above, just keep reading up on specs while keeping a budget in mind.. I personally would not advise you to go way up market spending £000's on a box because there are real contenders for the dreambox title out there now for under €200. The VU+ Solo and Blade Media BM7000s to name but a few.

As you read up you will quickly see the pros & cons of each box but one thing is for sure there is great support for all these box's nowadays. I have 2x Openbox S9 arriving this week (I said I would give them a shot before I jumped up another £100 or so to the next level of Box’s). I will let you know how I get on with them and if they are much of an improvement on the DM500.

Anyway m8, Good luck with your venture and when you do get your Box/Box's make sure to let us know how they work out for you..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• hi i thing your right, dm500 are absolut brillant servers, even clons
    no worry at all
    i think from all the e2 boxes is vu+ the only one who can combat a dm500 in stability and handset response etc
    my opinion
    el pirate

• Google is your friend m8.. there is a discount for users on this site for sat-shop.co.uk on the second last tab up top? /\

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• I appreciate that you have worked with this contribution, helped me a lot since I had abandoned two Receivers dm500 thanks I am from mexico greeting ..:32_002:

• i had few dreambox 500 like this m8... usually if dreamup does not fix it, and you got all it same results i got... you best bin it,, buy new one 40£

• usually if dreamup does not fix it, and you got all it same results i got... you best bin it,, buy new one 40£

Jtag possibilities with these boxes if the erase.img file fails.

Just posting for future reference on an old thread that there can still be life in the old dogs.

MK

Edited once, last by Mee®kat ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!