what hotbird do I need to point the dish?

There are 40 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,765 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Wow, thats alot. I might get 4 or more lnbs depends on how many channels I will get. I might get 90cm mesh dish to put it in the back garden because my area have strict rules as no more than 80cm will be allowed.

Will the 90cm dish works when I put the dish on the lower grounds in the beside the shed in the back garden that no one will be able to see it?

• the dish installation, does not mind low ground or high level (roof for example) .

you just need clear area in the "reception corner" of the dish (no trees, not too close in a house,etc, in the way that the dish points...)

• Oh right. I might install the dish between the shed and the fence as there is no leafs or tree so I will move the dish a bit higher when I put the dish in the lower ground. Will that works?

Can you let me know how many lnbs do I need?

I will pm you my zip code if you need it.

• Oh right. I might install the dish between the shed and the fence as there is no leafs or tree so I will move the dish a bit higher when I put the dish in the lower ground. Will that works?

about this... i am unable to know, as i have not any point of your house... or what the

I will move the dish a bit higher when I put the dish in the lower ground.

means...

• i think also that this is answered... but lets do it more simple...

you may can install 6-8-10 (depends signal strength) lnb in 80cm. but they aren't the satellites you need/want. a small dish, gives small space to closer satellites.

a biger dish, will give you more space.

for example, in a 80cm dish, if you will install 19.2E and 13E, the lnbs must be too close each other (because the satellite position is there). so there isn't space to install the 16E between them.

an 1m dish , will offer you stronger signal, but also (and important) will offer you bigger space between lnbs...

• Here you will see single dish/position with one (QUAD) LNB setup, as well as single dish/many (QUAD) LNBs = many satellites setup:

My various T90 setups with many LNBs - different solutions for it...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• I have found these but the one I like is 40cm black brackets. Is the 40cm bracket good enough to fit for a 80cm dish? Yes or no?

The one I like is the original one like sky UK mini dish as the bracket have weather restrictions to stop it rusts.

• your new motorised dish will move some way right and some way left

if you have no space from wall to the dish

WHERE WILL THE DISH HIT and not move

think about it

parabéns cr7 & moliveira88

Μπρέντφορντ Φ.Σ

RIP Vangelis Papathanassiou

• Oh right, so is 40cm not good enough as I need 80cm wall mount? Is that correct?

If so where I can find a black mount with 80cm length??

• He explained that it depends on the house and position of the dish, as well as how far do you want to drive the dish...

Bigger usually is better... More flexibility, to move the dish left/right...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• He explained that it depends on the house and position of the dish, as well as how far do you want to drive the dish...

Bigger usually is better... More flexibility, to move the dish left/right...

Oh right. I can only get 80cm dish as I have permission to put on the wall and I can't get more than that.

Do I need to get a mesh dish or a solid dish??

I am thinking to get between 40cm and 80cm wall mount to allow the dish to have more room when I move it to the left and right. If you can advice me what size I need to get that would be very helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!