what hotbird do I need to point the dish?

There are 40 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,705 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Hi all,

I need your help. I want to know in what hotbird do I need to point my dish to the sky so I can get full european channels?

I want to get full european channels for portugal, france, germany, italy, spain, hungrian, romania, croatia, serbia...etc. I want to get the full european channels so I can choose what channels I want to watch for the premier league. I'm planning to get 80cm which it should be enough to get full european channels, but if I dont have planning permission from the landlord to put the dish on the wall I would get 90cm dish to put it in the back garden beside my shed so no one would see it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Official Post

watching 3 pm footy is not as straight forward now as you may think mate.

one satellite doesn`t have all the channels that broadcast the games.

you would need a motorized dish. even then its no guarantee the game will be available ~ https://liveonsat.com/quickindex.html

if you have a good internet connection consider iptv instead, no dish required.

• watching 3 pm footy is not as straight forward now as you may think mate.

one satellite doesn`t have all the channels that broadcast the games.

you would need a motorized dish. even then its no guarantee the game will be available ~ https://liveonsat.com/quickindex.html

if you have a good internet connection consider iptv instead, no dish required.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean i need to move the dish to change the hotbird?

I'm thinking about to get the dish to point it to hotbird 13E, but can I get full holland, germany and spain channels as well?

• there are pages, like flysat, lyngsat and kingofsat, where you can see what channels contains any satellite...

but, first of all .

I want to know in what hotbird do I need to point my dish to the sky so I can get full european channels?

hotbird is just a name. other name, is astra. near the name, is the satellite position (astra 19,2E , astra 28.2E , hotbird 13E)

in any case

1) you can't receive all those channels in one satellite. you need to receive more satellites, so 1 dish and motor,

or more dishes, more lnb etc...

2) most channels which shows premier league, are encrypted and need subscription (legal or not...) .

anyway, you can check the link that master G gave and try to do a list with channels that may be intersting for you. than check their satellite (and sometimes a footprint check could be usefull).

• Thanks for your suggests. I understand where you are coming from now as it does make sense.

I might need 3 lnbs but not sure if i do need to. I want to get astra 19.2E, astra 28.e2, hotbird 13E, hotbird, 16E.

Do you know how many lnbs do I need?

• 16 has a weak signal. receiving it will depend how big your dish is. bigger the dish - better chance of receiving signal.

you can`t view any footy from this satellite. its all encrypted.

Well I am planning to get 80cm dish to put it on the wall, but if my landlord dont allow me then I will get 90cm dish to put it in the back garden.

Can I ask you that if I get quad lnb to put it on the dish with 4 different hotbirds (19.2e, 23.5e, 13e, 16e) on a single lnb when I point at 13E?

Will that works?

• a quad lnb, does not provide you 4 different satellites, but 4 lines in the same satellite (for different rooms, or same room pvr receiver etc...)

depends your area (an important think) , you can do it, but you need 1m plus size dish, not for signal strength, but because the triple 13-16-19.2 is too close, and every lnb need its "area" .

also, the satellite 16E is called eutelsat 16E and not hotbird...

• a quad lnb, does not provide you 4 different satellites, but 4 lines in the same satellite (for different rooms, or same room pvr receiver etc...)

depends your area (an important think) , you can do it, but you need 1m plus size dish, not for signal strength, but because the triple 13-16-19.2 is too close, and every lnb need its "area" .

also, the satellite 16E is called eutelsat 16E and not hotbird...

Oh I thought that a quad lnb does provide me 4 different satellite so I got it wrong.

So how I can get 4 different satellites on a 80cm dish using with a single dish cable?

do I need to get 3 lnbs?

• not 13-16-19.2 in 80cm

, for a reason that i explained above (imagine something like "audi" logo, a circle in a part of circle). you need 1m dish , 4 lnbs , and a 4/1 diseqc switch. but you do not refer your area (because a few satellites has special beams etc...)

• not 13-16-19.2 in 80cm

, for a reason that i explained above (imagine something like "audi" logo, a circle in a part of circle). you need 1m dish , 4 lnbs , and a 4/1 diseqc switch. but you do not refer your area (because a few satellites has special beams etc...)

Oh right. Thats too big for me to get 1m dish. I could get 90cm to put it in the back garden. Will that works?

I am from Dover in kent.

• south uk ?

if yes, as i can see, you can receive most beams of the above satellites, in good reception.

possibly you can do it in 90cm, you may need slim lnb.

also (we forgot to writte above) you need an multi lnb holder...

• Oh I got it.

Can you show me an example picture what does the multi lnb setup looks like?

Can I install 4 lbns on a single dish??

Will it works if I install the dish lower ground on my back garden??

• south uk ?

if yes, as i can see, you can receive most beams of the above satellites, in good reception.

possibly you can do it in 90cm, you may need slim lnb.

also (we forgot to writte above) you need an multi lnb holder...

Yes, south east of uk. I might get 90cm dish to put it in the back garden if I dont have the permission to put 80cm in the front wall.

Will the 90cm dish work on the lower ground on my back garden?

How many lnbs do I need to get when I get multi lnb holder?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!