Beginners questions

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 545 times. The last Post () by Thekidkybo.

• Hi, where is the best place on the forum for beginner questions? Can they be relocated if this Forum is wrong?

What do programs like OpenATV and whooshbuild infinity do and why are they required?

Can I plug in virgin cable into the back of a zgemma h9.2s box, instead of a sky satellite coax? Do you plug this in for the FTA channels?

And Ethernet is for IPTV?

Is it essential to have a vpn plug-in in place?
    any thanks for your info and patience

• So you buy a receiver of your choice. Looking like your looking at zgemma h9.2s. The operating software on these boxes is enigma2. Now Openatv is variant of this, so are images such as pure2, blackhole and vix. Wooshbuild is another version but i believe it is based on Openatv. They are required to run the box. I think you spec you are looking at is satellite only. You cannot plug a cable line into a satellite tuner. At the moment even if you have a cable tuner you would only get channels 1-5 i think.

You can use the receiver for both opening up some satellite channels and also for iptv. You would need to have it connected to the internet for either to work. If you wish to use the box for iptv then you will need a vpn service enabled on the box to bypass the blocks that the intenet providers are currently putting in place.

• Yes buy the box generally the image is pre installed, Connect your co ax cable and you have got all the free sat channels. Whoshbuild infinity will be set up for uk channels. Sadly sky uk have stopped card sharing . So iptv is your only option for non free sat channels. There are other sat options that work well but this would involve extra dishes pointing in other directions

• Ah, ok. Luckily I still have the old sky dish installation. It has 4 way lnb - it just means I’ll have to trail some co-ax into the bedrooms if I decide to expand upstairs. I was looking at a Liberty Shield vpn box but not read much about it on here. Surfshark and Nord seem popular choices?

I believe you can record one channel and watch another on the h9.2s - is that 2 IPTV channels or 1 IPTV and 1 terrestrial channel? Many thanks for your replies

• If you look at the back of your box you should see 2 inputs for dish inputs. So you can watch one sat channel and record another. I guess you could even record 2 sat channels and watch an IPTV channel. Try it !

• Ah, ok. Luckily I still have the old sky dish installation. It has 4 way lnb - it just means I’ll have to trail some co-ax into the bedrooms if I decide to expand upstairs. I was looking at a Liberty Shield vpn box but not read much about it on here. Surfshark and Nord seem popular choices?

I believe you can record one channel and watch another on the h9.2s - is that 2 IPTV channels or 1 IPTV and 1 terrestrial channel? Many thanks for your replies

Liberty Shield was a complete waste of money for me as it slowed my internet connection way to much. At the time had a 50mb connection but with Liberty Shield installed I was down to less than 4mb. Also if using IPTV not all suppliers will allow VPN as they use their own.

• Thanks again Dave and Tbe.
    which IPTV providers do you use/recommend? Looking at some posts and a lot seem to have shut down.
    thanks again

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!