Some suggestions for use PurE2

There are 23 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,828 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• First BIG THANK for the image is wonderful :-)

Some notes and suggestions to those who have been using it for a long time

1 - its possible change order in menu like my example image

2 - to planned a backup of image every day, hours etc... there is a option in image or i must install a plugin like backupsuite ?

3 - i have iptv provider and there are a lot of vod, so there is possibility to forward, stop and reverse hte movie ?

4 - i try also to flash on fly another image (Italysta) following istructions H7S MultiBoot "How To" - installing multiple images in H7S's internal flash! but after select 2 image like boot and after restart the mutant ramin blocked on display !!? (MutantHD51 support multiboot really or not ?)

Thank again and sry

Hispanico

• Normally a avaible Backup will shown after a Gui restart . You can also check for updates in P Manager point Software Update .

You can also store your settings in P Manager . If there are too many updates it is better to flash online a new Image and restore the settings .

Pur-E2 -Team

Admin of HDSC

• Normally a avaible Backup will shown after a Gui restart . You can also check for updates in P Manager point Software Update .

You can also store your settings in P Manager . If there are too many updates it is better to flash online a new Image and restore the settings .

I speak regarding a option to set backup image every day/hour etc..

Hispanico

- OpenATV & PurE2 - user :-) -

• There is a Pure2backup plugin on the feed under Extensions - maybe this helps.

I personally have never used it before. I save the Image Settings incl Plugins this can be done under Backup Settings and flash online new .

Time for this maybe 5 min for complete fresh Image with my settings and Plugins .

Pur-E2 -Team

Admin of HDSC

• 1 - its possible change order in menu like my example image

2 - to planned a backup of image every day, hours etc... there is a option in image or i must install a plugin like backupsuite ?

3 - i have iptv provider and there are a lot of vod, so there is possibility to forward, stop and reverse hte movie ?

4 - i try also to flash on fly another image (Italysta) following istructions H7S MultiBoot "How To" - installing multiple images in H7S's internal flash! but after select 2 image like boot and after restart the mutant ramin blocked on display !!?

Thanx for the kind words!

Please, do not treat PurE2 as any other image. Our image is unique, so trying to make it into any other image is just - wrong, if you ask me....

BTW, these are questions, not suggestions....

1) Yes, find it in menus - alphabetical or.... MENU > Setup > System > USER INTERFACE > UI Settings, 3rd and 4th page, choose...

2) Planned backup? Whatever for? Jack explained. You make a backu of your settings, as I explained in detail, in various STICKIES, together with plugins, then flash an image and restore settings with plugins. Peace. PurE2 v. 6.5 is at the bleeding edge of Enigma2 development and our coders frequently improve lots of parts of the system, ergo backup is not very clever, as you will struggle with SW updates....

3) There should be - play with your remote, you should get it, as Franc coded it into PurE2, since I also insisted a while back.... Unless it was lost somehow, during upgrades to the image... (I'll ask the coders, again...)

4) Not sure what Italysat are doing. Have you tried with a new installation or backup image?

As a rule of thumb: I repeat, PurE2 is a little bit ahead of most images in various ways, so try the latest USB image (OpenSPA, OpenATV, HDF etc.) into a different partition and see...

Good luck!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Thank for your patience and advice:

1) Yes, find it in menus - alphabetical or.... MENU > Setup > System > USER INTERFACE > UI Settings, 3rd and 4th page, choose... OK

2) Planned backup? Whatever for? Jack explained. You make a backu of your settings, as I explained in detail, in various STICKIES, together with plugins, then flash an image and restore settings with plugins. Peace. PurE2 v. 6.5 is at the bleeding edge of Enigma2 development and our coders frequently improve lots of parts of the system, ergo backup is not very clever, as you will struggle with SW updates.... Understand OK

3) There should be - play with your remote, you should get it, as Franc coded it into PurE2, since I also insisted a while back.... Unless it was lost somehow, during upgrades to the image... (I'll ask the coders, again...) ...i try a lot with remote but to have some control on VOD i must install plugins like Xtreamy

4) Not sure what Italysat are doing. Have you tried with a new installation or backup image? ..no i try with a backup of my old image

For the rest I keep trying

Hispanico

• If your backup was in Partition 1- there may be a problem, if you are trying to get it into Partition 2... Not sure but... Try this:

...install it again, using USB file, into Partition 2 - and when you sort it out, then make the backup image....

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Pure2 seekbar

MENU > Setup > System > RC/Keyboard > Extra button setup >

press >> button

> go to "Plugins" section

> find Snackbar

> green/Save

=> restart E2.

Start a film/VOD

> press FF or RW, then

press > for FF or

< for RW, as far as you ned it to be,

then OK button.

Voila!

• If your backup was in Partition 1- there may be a problem, if you are trying to get it into Partition 2... Not sure but... Try this:

...install it again, using USB file, into Partition 2 - and when you sort it out, then make the backup image....

Yes before i flash on partition 2 from backup of my italysat present on hhd, but mutant after booting form partition 2 blocked on startup.

You suggest, if understand well. ... to flash a a mgae Italysat on partition 2 make a backup of entire image of pure2 and ?

Thank again

Hispa

• Forget about your backup, I said: install a USB image (not Recovery!)....

Did the above post work or...??? I notice you did not download the plugin...

• Forget about your backup, I said: install a USB image (not Recovery!)....

Did the above post work or...??? I notice you did not download the plugin...

Yep i have download it but before i want to see if multiboot works

Sry but for usb image you mean a clean image ?

Hispanico

Edited once, last by hispanico957 ().

• How can anyone know if one can swim - on dry land?

Jump into the water, man... And do tell...

(I did say "forget about your backup!")

• OKKKKKKKK i try and i thank you :-)

This image is really the best, fast, with a thousand options and above all beautiful, i have used it over the years openAtv, OpenPli and ItalySat but purE2 beats them all.

Here some notes and clarifications:

1 - Pure2 seekbar is wonderful, it is very comfortable and works very well with vod movie

2 - To change order in menu i verifify is possible like as you wrote me: MENU > Setup > System > USER INTERFACE > UI Settings, 3rd and 4th page, but only alphabetic yes/no, i but it is not possible to move the various names to different positions manually (some image like opnepli and italysat , eg. in the menu then you get a blue button in the menu and you can move with <> next to 0 and even hide, save your changes with green button (Its possible implement it in next release ??)

3 - Multiboot and yes, you were right as usual :-)flashing on fly a image.usb and selecting it on menu multiboot like boot the mutant reboot in new image without problem.

But for this point i need 2 clarification:

- when i boot in image on partition 2, to come back to purE2, i must go in the multiboot of image and select partition1 or when i reboot decoder there is a trick with remote to select image to boot ?

- when boot in second image and i install plugins and others in this image, remain in the image and do not interfere with the image on partition 1 ? where these component are stored ?

- always in second image...if i update this image, this takes and updates the image ?

- last but not last: hdmi-cec is active also in purE2 but before with others images when i power off decoder also TV Samsung 55ks7000 go in power off while with purE2 only decoder go in power off and not TV (?)...where is the problem or i set some more option on image ?

Thank again mate

Hispanico

Edited 6 times, last by hispanico957 ().

• 1) Well done, you found PurE2's Seekbar (in Infobar), whereas I forgot to seek there.... Your first contribution - good to see! ;) Thanx! :)

However, Seekbar at my end doesn't work but - SnackBar does.... I informed the coders that Franc's Seekbar is not working, even though he put it in a while back...

And once you set it up for FF >> and << RW, you have also set it up for >| and |< chapter seeking buttons.

2) But we have Estuary with its serious complexity, which makes some things more difficult, I guess and so... Try all those other options for good measure - as a consolation prize - and see what works best for you... ;)

3) Don't complicate it, it's simple, because it is built-in, no need for extra plugins:

MENU > Standby/RestartMultiboot Image Selector > choose and confirm...

Any image should have this...

4) SW update for an image is - SW update for that image, yes....

5) HDMI-CEC is set to NO by default. Change as needed.... With my TVs it works...

Good luck!

• 4) SW update for an image is - SW update for that image, yes....

5) HDMI-CEC is set to NO by default. Change as needed.... With my TVs it works...

Good luck!

Hi mate...

4) uhmm pheraps i dont inderstand or i dont explain well.... If i boot on second image i can install various plugin but these plugin, settings channels and other where are stored in dec/folder/hhd..because don't they mix with those of the first image?

5) In image like ItalySat/OpenPli HDMI-CEC is set to yes and when i power off dec also TV go in standby...but i try many setting in menu of purE2 hdmi-cec but the TV remain power on, alkso if dec go in standby

Thank and good day

Hispanico

Edited once, last by hispanico957 ().

• nazagio - read the STICKIES in this section, esp. the one re. ESTUARY, how to make it do as you please!

4) uhmm pheraps i dont inderstand or i dont explain well.... If i boot on second image i can install various plugin but these plugin, settings channels and other where are stored in...?

5) In image like ItalySat/OpenPli HDMI-CEC is set to yes and when i power off dec also TV go in standby...but i try many setting in menu of purE2 hdmi-cec but the TV remain power on, alkso if dec go in standby

4) Each partition is big and each image is SEPARATE! No mixing of stuff is possible like that!!!

With one exception: Kodi has a secret folder on /media/hdd/.kodi, where it puts its plugins, settings etc.

So, when you install, completely configure and equip Kodi once, for one image - you configured and equipped it for all the images.

Ergo, when you boot into another image you just have to install the Kodi plugin, which will then take everything from the previous installation, if you mount your HDD properly, the same way as in the first image, thereby saving you a lot of time!

5) Just switch it off manually, then... :head banger::thank_you2:

• You are not the first with this question . Franc is very busy at the moment and so we all have to wait if it is possible .

No, Jack, sorry - he said it many times: there will be no such thing in Estuary...

• This is a screenshot of snackbar, that work very well on VOD files/movie.

In this image when on remote push fast-forward, appear in blue the time of movie (which I highlighted in orange), at the end of this line there is a placeholder (highlighted in yellow), that with buttons forward or back, you can move on the duration of the movie and so when you select the point, is sufficient push "ok" on remote and the movie start from this point.

I hope it will be useful for others

Thank

Hispa

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!