Wooshbuild infinity - I messed up - help

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 947 times. The last Post () by urie.

• Following a video on YouTube I managed to load openAtv 6.4 without issue. Wooshbuild started to load ok until I got to the insert usb stick stage. I put in a 2gb stick and initialising keeps failing. I tried by not initialising the usb now I keep getting warnings to do with media/HDD/... at the installing plugins stage. I’m not sure if it’s going round in circles or if I should stop it. I don’t know how to factory reset so I can start again. Is there a minimum size for the usb stick?

Help appreciated

• Official Post

I don’t know how to factory reset so I can start again

Connect to the box with an FTP tool like Filezilla. Navigate to /etc/enigma2 folder > Delete the file named "settings" > reboot.

I keep getting warnings to do with media/HDD/

I`ve never tried this image so not sure about the process.

If you are stuck in the installation this won`t work, but if you have access to the image menu try this:

Maybe the USB stick is mounted something other than /media/hdd which is required to complete the installation.

Check the mount points by pressing Blue button > Mounts > Device Manager

If the mount isn`t what its supposed to be press the Green button/Setup Mounts > then scroll left or right to select /media/hdd > Green button/Save > Reboot.

• Thanks Master G. I’ve put 60gb hdd in and checked devices:

/media/hdd Size 58.32gb Free 56.9gb

hopefully that’s how it should looK. What do I need to do to install everything onto the hdd that didn’t previously

what’s worse is I have no picture or sound - this occurred after installing xtream editor

Help with this appreciated

mount manager:

Device: /dev/Ada

Mount: /media/hdd

Type: ext4 R/W

• No errors as such - There were hundreds of rows saying ‘warning problems extracting ... to /media/hdd’. They mentioned picons too. One result, I have pictures and sound back

Factory reset - will I have to start from scratch installing openAtv 6.4 again?

Thanks

• Do I reinstall wooshbuild again, now that I have a hdd fitted, to install everything it didn’t 1st time round?
    Are plugins removed? I might remove them (e2istream and xtream editor) anyway and start again.
    Thanks again

• Do I reinstall wooshbuild again, now that I have a hdd fitted, to install everything it didn’t 1st time round?
    Are plugins removed? I might remove them (e2istream and xtream editor) anyway and start again.
    Thanks again

There is a bug in whooshbuild when it askes to initialise usb select no you can initialise after whooshbuild setup as for hard drive your plugins do not install there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!