Vu+ uno 4k se stuck on white power light. Boot problem

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,813 times. The last Post () by goralpm.

• Hi,

My vu+ uno 4k se box has been stuck on white power light only. It does not boot further. It also does not pick any new image now. There is no display on box mini LCD and also on my Led.Even the ethernet port also not lights up on when the box is plugged in and turns on. I have checked the supply in the board by voltmeter, there was no issue in power supply too. I have tried loading many images but this box does not respond. Please help me out to resolve this issue.

• if you have a Hard Disk connected, you must remove the HDD from the tray, flash box again and test.

Some Hard Disk can cause a problem

When formatting your USB Stick to Fat32 remeber to press the button in format window that says "Restore UnitStandard"

• try several USB Sticks, other way don't know

• Official Post

Would also be nice to know what the previuse action was before this happend??

Did you just do a full reboot and got stuck or did you do something else making you do a full reboot?

Also have you checked the power supply so thats not broken?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Would also be nice to know what the previuse action was before this happend??

Did you just do a full reboot and got stuck or did you do something else making you do a full reboot?

Also have you checked the power supply so thats not broken?

It was shut down in working condition. Then it was courier to the next destination in 200 km away. After that it was again powered on but at that time this problem came. Untill then I am trying different ways to sort it out but all in vain. It's power supply is all good checked by the voltmeter but when I power it on the only white light is turned on, nothing happen further. The ethernet lights are also not shown lighted and USB is also not detected while doing image. Thee9is no display in mini LCD of the box.

• Official Post

The white light will come on when the box is in deep standby. Using the rocker switch on the back of the receiver to turn the receiver off or on will not bring it out of deep standby.

Try this:

Apply power to your receiver. wait until the white light has been on a couple of minutes, then press press the red power button on the remote. The white light on the receiver should blink and the box should boot in a couple of minutes.

• The white light will come on when the box is in deep standby. Using the rocker switch on the back of the receiver to turn the receiver off or on will not bring it out of deep standby.

Try this:

Apply power to your receiver. wait until the white light has been on a couple of minutes, then press press the red power button on the remote. The white light on the receiver should blink and the box should boot in a couple of minutes.

• Official Post

All i found is what i already have wrote but can't replicate the issue with my box.

If i put it into standby and then turn off the power. When turning on power it. starts as normal.

But with so little info it's hard to figure it out :derpthink:

Would be nice to now what image is in use ?

If box is booted into flash or OpenMultiboot ?

Maybe try and remove any external devices like HDD/USB devices

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Hi

I don't want to post the same topic.

I have the same problem. Only the LED is lit and it flashes when I click on the remote control. The hard drive also works because I can hear the platters but nothing is displayed on the LCD. I tried Flash Image using three pendrives but there was no reaction.

All I know is that the device was frozen and is not responding to the remote. Has been reset but after 10 minutes the same problem again. Then it was reset again and it worked for 3 minutes and it wouldn't turn on anymore

I would like to try vu + util but I don't know what cable is needed. I used a rj12 cable which I connected to the VU (to the IR sensor / RS-232 plug) and to an RS-232 computer with a USB adapter. But nothing worked. Or maybe I need RJ45 <-> RS-232 cable? Can I use an RS-232> USB adapter? Because my current computer does not have an RS232 input. I would have to dig up my old computer.

VU+ UNO 4K SE PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!