Problems with BT Home Hub 2.0 ?

There are 40 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,614 times. The last Post () by carmine.

• I have been with BT for over 4/5 years and 2 years ago went to a wireless bt home hub, then just over a year ago got a upgrade ie BT Home Hub 2.0 now i can honestly say i have only had about 3 months of clear usage otherwise i am forever changing channel and have phoned there customer support i`m not joking over 20 times they have replaced Hub 4 times and have recently had to change channel again the computer is`nt event that far from furthest pc ie pc upstairs say 12 feet and fluctuates with other pc ie laptop, anyone else had this problem ??

• Homehub 2.0 is widely recognised as the worst wireless router ever made. BT2700HGV (2wire) was rather impressive. i guess you probably upgraded from that however. blue lights look nice though?

• Homehub 2.0 is widely recognised as the worst wireless router ever made. BT2700HGV (2wire) was rather impressive. i guess you probably upgraded from that however. blue lights look nice though?

Really, good and bad news then, good that i thought i was the only one, so thats a relief, but bad as i still have weak signal for tower upstairs and using laptop around house, you would of thought that BT would have better equipment, what shall i do go for another provider ???

Have others on this great forum had the same problem as me ??
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated ?

• Thanks buddy will have a look but may have to get a new provider any advice again would be much appreciated ??

• I wud neva use a ISP router!! Have you tried using an alternative router see if the problem gets fixed??

I have only ever had ISP routers first was s*y when they first started this service and now with BT, what would be my other options, sorry not clued that much with internet providers ???

• I would suggest going on amazona looking for a router with a good review.. If u need help deciding what router u want give me a shout will be more then happy to help u

• WoW just had a quick look on the site and there are loads, but thought anyone of us would always need an ISP dont we ?

No no, i work for an ISP. They sell there stuff by taging the line "we support routers that we sell". all you need is the adsl username and password for ur internet connection!!

buy good wireless router, then get the password details from your isp.Depending on your ISP they might even help you config your new router for you

• No no, i work for an ISP. They sell there stuff by taging the line "we support routers that we sell". all you need is the adsl username and password for ur internet connection!!

buy good wireless router, then get the password details from your isp.Depending on your ISP they might even help you config your new router for you

Great just sent you PM please pm me back sorry for my ignorance. I need it to work laptop and pc tower upstairs and ofcorse for my spiderbox and for my old pc tower to work with debian server ?? My PC tower upstairs has a 300 wireless card fitted already.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!