Problems with BT Home Hub 2.0 ?

There are 40 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,613 times. The last Post () by carmine.

• Yes a fibre connection is a lot more stable, ive not had any drops in connection for years now. I use the hub simply for the phone to be used with sipgate, it makes a nice alternative to some custom made solutions.
    Also remember if u get a fibre connection virgin can offer speeds up to 50mb and are currently testing 100mb!

The cap simply slows down your connection if you download a lot during peak hours, if your downloading lots its best just to set it going over night!

Hi Skinbobuk,

I have a BT land line with BT Home hub 2.0 for my broadband, but have suffered badly with it, i have 2 pcs running off of hub wirelessly and ofcorse my spiderbox, what do you recommend i do try the virgin but then can i still connect my stb with pcs wirelessly and anything else i need or stay with bt and just change my hub/router, is the cap really that bad and when is it at its worst as i use pc during the day and would it support old pc with debian server and spiderbox would cap affect this, how bad is cap, I get at the mo at best just under 4mb usually no better than 3mb ?????

Cheers
    carmine
    P.S - What do you mean by use hub for sipgate, is this virgin hub and whats sipgate ???

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!