backup restore to other slot like 1 ( h7s )

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 827 times. The last Post () by azaz1.

• On my H7S, I occasionally do a back restore from slot one to any of the other slots when I want to experiment and make changes without affecting my original in slot one. I am using openvix (latest), but it worked on earlier versions.

Edited once, last by lespat ().

• Its simple press Menu > Standy / Restart > Recovery Mode > System will reboot to boot Image selection Menu.

Press Bootmenu Select Flash local image and select the backup image you want from images folder on hard drive.

Then select which Partition you wanto to recover image to.

• Its simple press Menu > Standy / Restart > Recovery Mode > System will reboot to boot Image selection Menu.

Press Bootmenu Select Flash local image and select the backup image you want from images folder on hard drive.

Then select which Partition you wanto to recover image to.

i mean in openpli image

there is not recovery mode i n menu

i use backupsuite and only to slot 1 i can restore backup image

mayby i am wrong ?

• Well I don't even use openpli but I installed it to see if you press menu > standby / restart > Multiboot image selector

and you see Boot to Recovery Menu.

When in recovery Menu you select Bootmenu and then you have options of what type image you want to restore.

I normally select flash local image then you select where images are on hard drive select on then it should go to screen with choice of 4 linux partitions and you select the one you want to flash.

• i just zip BackupSuite directoty ( hdd> fullbackup_h7>directory of backup )

than put it to hdd> downloaded_images as*.zip file

rename to xxx-zgemmah7-DATE_usb.zip

and in menu>setup> install image> downloaded images restore where i want

btw

Code
    Code
    is it possible to return to slotu1 when the image from another booted slot is damaged and did not start

I mean without using telnet or uploading via usb

greets

Edited 2 times, last by azaz1 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!