Picture quality receiver

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,652 times. The last Post () by HollyCruz.

• Hello šŸ˜‡
    I want buy a New Enigma receiver, and im based only on picture quality, can you help me to choose between thoses receivers basing on picture quality :

1.Octagon SF8008
    2.GigaBlue UHD Trio 4K
    3.Vu plus zero
    4.AX HD60 4K

5.Edision os 4k

Or another receiver with good picture quality, and why

Thank you in advance

• I have a VU Zero 4K that I think is better picture quality than my VU Ultimo 4K. This is based on BBC World News in SD on Hotbird. The quality varies by how good the transmission is on this channel but when it`s at its best the Zero has the edge in my opinion . I have a ZGemma S7 as well that I don`t think the quality is quite as good on that channel as the Zero 4K but some loaded images seems to give better picture quality.The Gemma is incredible value but me not understanding cannot get it working anything like as well as the Zero 4K. Installed 4 partitions , Pure2 on one, Open ATV and Vix onthe other . Waiting to try another. Tried Open PLI 8 but could`nt install VPN Manager. A steep learning curve hopefully.

There are lots of back up images for the 4K Zero that work out the box. On the Ultimo I wont comment on terrestrial quality but I feel I wasted my money buying the extra tuner. Sorry I cannot help on the other boxes. The ZGemma terrestrially is better than the 4K Ultimo I think by quite a bit.

One thing I noticed is the signal strength on the ZGemma S7 is less than the Zero 4k. After just buying it in the last couple of days my dish is frozen and cannot move so cannot comment on weak signal strength channels. Talking to people I am not sure how accurate the signal strength given by the sat boxes is.

Best of luck on your choice.

• Hi guys (an girls :) ),

I currently have a vu + solo2 and I'm looking for a new receiver.

I am looking for a receiver with good image quality. And, with a good tuner. Obviously, a UHD receiver (HDR HLG compatible).

I read on this forum (but I can't find the post anymore) that Vu + was not necessarily the best manufacturer (old hardware, not open to share drivers, etc.). In my recollection, this person did not give more details on which receiver it was better to go.

So if knowledgeable people are present, I will read your answers with great respect.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited once, last by CFC1905: edit : I don't care about Android options or whatever, I just want a good sat receiver :) ().

• Hi, can you recommend me any Enigma2 receiver that has best picture quality and works well with oscam and cccam lines, please?

Thank you.

Participate now!

Donā€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!