Hello dear managers and friends, I found a problem with the rotating dish motor, please help me

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 760 times. The last Post () by bodger2.

• Hello dear managers and friends, I have been finding a problem with my Rotating dish motor for a few days now. This problem did not exist before. My problem was that all of a sudden the signal quality went down in all directions without changing the dish or the motor or the base. I even took the TV and the receiver to the roof. To make myself comfortable, I connected the receiver to the motor and the TV, then gently pressed the top, bottom, right and left corners of the dish with my finger to see what changes in signal quality. I noticed that in any case when I pressed and moved the dish, the signal quality did not increase, but in some cases it decreased. I also checked the LNB. So I made sure that the dishes and the engine and the alignment of the base and the LNB did not change. However, I opened the antenna wire from the LNB and the motor and opened the dish completely and re-leveled the base of the dish and re-installed the motor and the dish exactly to the south, then exactly all the directions in the same way. I adjusted the disk from 15W in the west to 90E in the east in all directions with the best quality. Then I went down to the house and connected the receiver for a good hour, but then again I was in complete surprise and I saw the signal quality in all directions went down again. I even hit the go to reference or goto 0 from inside the receiver, but no It had no effect and the signal quality is still low. I went to the roof and saw that the dish, the engine, the LED and the base had not changed. I do not know what really happened. I do not know how to open everything again from the beginning and close it, which is probably a good short time again and will break down again. My LNB is Inverto Black Ultra and my receiver is Dreambox 7020 HD and my image is Openpli 7 (HomeBuild 2018.11.25). Where do you think the problem could be? It may be from the image. In fact, I do not want to reset the engine as much as possible. Thank you for your help. I am waiting for your answer, dear ones. Thanks

Edited once, last by 1z1z ().

• Doubtful it is the image but do you have an older receiver you could try in place of the 7020 to test if you have the same issues ?

If you swap out the receiver and it does not improve an you are back to it been an alignment issue if using usuals make sure your coordinates are correct. There is a slim possibity you have an LNB issue, swap the LNB out and see if your problem is still there.

• Hello again, dear friend, regarding the receiver, I must say that I also have a fixed dish that has two directions, Hotbird and Eutelsat 7E, with a switch on the second tuner of my Dreambox (as you know, Dreambox 7020 HD has two tuners). I even tested this when I connect the two fixed dishes to the tuner on which the rotating motor dish is connected, it works well and there is no problem. Now what do you think the problem might be about? Please give me any possibility that solves my problem so that I can try. Thanks.

• Well you have proved the tuner and the image on your 7020 is fine by connecting the tuner to the fixed dish and you have good signal.

On your motorised dish on the same tuner you dont so again it alignment the lnb or coax and connection going to it.

Again make sure your usuals coordinates are correct before going any further.

• It looks like the lnb is now faulty. From my limited experience normally either the vertical or horizontal goes weak on signal strength. I have had the centre copper wire either break off where it goes onto the lnb . I have also had corrosion on the wire that you can clean off with emery cloth, wet and dry or whatever then reassemble. Worse case I have had water ingress down the inner cable which can only be corrected by cutting the end of the rg6 and remaking the connection. Seal the end well with coax-seal or similar. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

• Hi dear friend, I used DiSEqC 1.2 method for fine tuning. The base of the rotating dish is also 100% level.

You mean the pole your motor mounts to is 100% level ?

So mate testing needed move the dish to a strong sat for now.

Flex the dish left to right up to down signal improve ?

• Hello dear friends, I have now tested for good, excellent and high signal quality, and the higher the quality, the lower and worse the signal quality. While I have precisely adjusted the dish and the base. Now what do you think is the problem with my work? Thank you for your help.

• Hello dear friends, I have now tested for good, excellent and high signal quality, and the higher the quality, the lower and worse the signal quality. While I have precisely adjusted the dish and the base. Now what do you think is the problem with my work? Thank you for your help.

I wonder if its possible your dish is not correctly tracking the satellites , hence the lower and worse the signal quality. Perhaps your declination angle is slightly out.

I have only ever set up polar mounts before. Can you move the dish to Thor or another around 1 deg then twist base and alter declination slightly until you get a picture

on the strongest transponder on that satellite. If its a strong signal I used to put a book between the lnb to degrade the signal strength then adjust and try the tracking on other satellites.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!