Oscam Emu with TNAP

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,250 times. The last Post () by supwiddiss.

• I have had my Mio for about a month now. I am new to Enigma but have done a lot of reading and research and feel comfortable with it. I am currently using a Gt Media V8 with a softcam and know how to enter Biss keys and update my PV softcam.

I want to start using my Mio for Biss key entry and PV. Can I install an Oscam Emu with TNAP or am I better off with a different image? If yes, what would be a good image for my Mio? I was told that Oscam Emu doesn't play well with TNAP.

I appreciate all replies.

• seagen

Approved the thread.
  • I tried to message you. I could create a usb backup file and post it to a file host. It would be ready for you to flash to a slot on your mio. It's openatv 6.3 and sats are setup from 55W-131W. Minimal tweaks would be needed on your end like your tcp/ip connection, etc. diseqc settings. I have a motorized dish here. No biggie for you.
    TNAP is not really designed for a softcam and is that way on purpose. The dev says simply it's to keep from getting a knock on the door.
    Not to say you cant do it. Through round about ways.
    Stay in touch.

• I tried to message you. I could create a usb backup file and post it to a file host. It would be ready for you to flash to a slot on your mio. It's openatv 6.3 and sats are setup from 55W-131W. Minimal tweaks would be needed on your end like your tcp/ip connection, etc. diseqc settings. I have a motorized dish here. No biggie for you.
    TNAP is not really designed for a softcam and is that way on purpose. The dev says simply it's to keep from getting a knock on the door.
    Not to say you cant do it. Through round about ways.
    Stay in touch.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. If you could post the image to a file host that would be great!

• in the far past, i did a few experiments in v3.2 if i remember correct... and i did it work, using the below files...

(the files in usr/bin and etc/init.d needs atr 755)

install first the "softcam-support.ipk"

p.s the softcam.key file and the oscam-emu.bin file, aren't the latest...

also, if i remember correct, there was and a refer that it was working using levi universal cam manager...

and... i will ask and you, as other users. is any special reason to use this image? (as satellites reception or something?)

tnap is a really fast, but also and empty image (maybe the perfect for the job that it builded, but not for everyone)...there are a lot of images that support emu and more things, depends what you want. mio offers you 4 slots, to install for images, test them and select the better one for you.

• and... i will ask and you, as other users. is any special reason to use this image? (as satellites reception or something?)

tnap is a really fast, but also and empty image (maybe the perfect for the job that it builded, but not for everyone)...there are a lot of images that support emu and more things, depends what you want. mio offers you 4 slots, to install for images, test them and select the better one for you.

Thank you for your reply. I am only using TNAP because it came preloaded with my MIO. It is my understanding that this image is configured for the North American Satellites. Being new to Enigma, I have not used any other image as a comparison. I agree with you that I need to install a few images and evaluate them. I appreciate your help!

• One thing addressed in the TNAP image modeled after VIX is its ability to blindscan 4 MHz closely spaced transponders. In the US that is one thing other images have trouble with. For me looking at sat charts to delete encrypted channels that are futile to use with a softcam and properly name channels, etc.
    I do see in openatv at least that these transponders are hit and miss in a blindscan. Even with the tuner drivers supplied in the image grabbing and locking a signal can be iffy. Edision was attentive enough to work with the developer to supply different tuner drivers until a set was tested that worked optimally with the receiver.
    Also because of issues with T2MI, that capability is removed from the standard software although can be implemented quite easily.
    Going back some time here when I was considering one of the VU+ receivers and asking pre-purchase questions. Interest was low and blindscan capabilities of the different tuners I asked about simply were not eagerly addressed. So in my opinion it was a screw users not from Europe....flat out.
    So, how can you sell your product if the vendor and manufacturer doesn't care about the end user?
    Or pay active interest in deficiencies in their product and work enthusiastically to correct or enhance expected performance?
    AKA: "Word of Mouth".
    That is where Edision has excelled. And in a big way. And el bandido has gone to great extent to develop an image that he himself takes pride in.
    I've owned my OsMio 4K since just after they were available here. Tech support is tops from the main vendor. He answers the phone and always has time to talk and help through many hurdles new (and old) owners may have. He doesn't have a sales staff of 30 people. Basically it's him.
    Try all of that <the sponsor>. I dare you. You snubbed me and so I don't have a VU+ with pluggable tuners and a fancy front panel display.

Edision OS Mio 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Multi-Stream H.265 HEVC Receiver UHD 2160p

Download Edision OS Mio 4K Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PurE2, SatDreamGR.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!