Dreambox TWO working image question

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,456 times. The last Post () by .atari..

• Hi all!

I bought a Dreambox two! The hardware very impressive, but the software far away from good enough. I tried many more images, openblackhole, openatv, openpli, but i run out of trying time. I have 10+ years skill in dreamboxes, so i know all tricks, know, what software i must to use to upload and set any brand new images. But all sucks. All softwares are really simply, but i get glitchy picture if i switch between channels, sloooow, and after 1 sec i get full flow motion. I can't made a backup, all images said, all my pendrives are "write pritected", but before i used a Vu+ Uno 4K SE with openatv and blackhole images, all part of images was full flow, all app can be installable without any issue or green death. I can't set any pendrive to backup or record, can't set my nas's sharef folder to record etc etc. Have you any informations from a really working image? I want to use fullhd glass style (HD glass) skin, because i use a Benq fullHD projector with 300 cm diagonal size, all skins have biiiiig icons and letters. Thanks!

Edited 2 times, last by Rick4 ().

• First of all, install the latest NewNigma2 image for DreamTwo, boot with it. That way it will update the FP/Microcode to the latest one. Then your box will be ready to work with all images, DMM or Open (the 4 available, OpenBH, OpenATV, OpenPLi and PurE2).

Then you can install the OpenBH, OpenATV, PurE2 or OpenPLi, about the freeze at start, this is typical of Amlogic processors/Chipsets, used on this hardware and all Android boxes. But after few seconds it will start working smoothly.

All feedbacks about the Open images are welcomed, as these are "unofficial" images, and we had no support from DMM Engineers about the software or the Open Official Teams, so we built all from scratch ourself (we are a very little team doing them), and naturally these images started to be fine only few weeks ago (December 2020), and need more improvements.

Enjoy the box, that in fact is excellent, but we all need to build the software as we are today's at the early development stages for the DreamOne/Two/Seven boxes.

Emo

• It does it automatically when it loads the driver, if it is on an original image, so you have nothing to do, it does it by itself... reason why you need to install the image and boot (so it loads the drivers that will apply the update).

Emo

Thanks, i will try FP/Microcode update, and then i will write the result. Is that FP/Microcode update an app, ot a simply script? Where can i find that? Thanks!

• It does it automatically when it loads the driver, if it is on an original image, so you have nothing to do, it does it by itself... reason why you need to install the image and boot (so it loads the drivers that will apply the update).

Emo

Thanks, i will try FP/Microcode update, and then i will write the result. Is that FP/Microcode update an app, ot a simply script? Where can i find that? Thanks!

Today istalled image, looks like all ok, i get flow motion after zap, get good picture, but can't find app center or simply insallable plugin list, i want to insall more skins, ang empimport app. I tied but can't do backup, that image shows "can't mount rootfs', bot pendrive mounted, i can record from TV. Thanks!

• Boot backup tool is not built for the new Dreamboxes, it works with older MIPS32EL and DM9x0UHD.

Concerning the Plugins, you have the ones pre-compiled in the feeds, and every image has it's own, or you can try to install from other sources, but as the software is new naturally it's not for sure going to succeed, but that's pioneering ;o).

Emo

• Boot backup tool is not built for the new Dreamboxes, it works with older MIPS32EL and DM9x0UHD.

Concerning the Plugins, you have the ones pre-compiled in the feeds, and every image has it's own, or you can try to install from other sources, but as the software is new naturally it's not for sure going to succeed, but that's pioneering ;o).

Emo

Thanks, epgimport installed succesfully, all ok, so i can watch tv, one important issue solved. :-)) Others can wait for developer's solution. Thanks!

Emo

So finally looks like, dreambox two and newnigma2 image will be better than i expected. Installed image, challen list, cam, fullhd glass skin, all functions works good, remote answers, and rebooting blazing fast, ( i use logitech harmony touch IR remote) i set and tested all through 5-6 hours, gui and box rebooted 80x, but never get green death, or any issue, really working flawlessly. Only one problem found, i use epgpimport plugin, and want to set off EIT EPG function, but nowhere found that settings. Only that EPG disabling and real full backup plugin will be the two final thing i want only, if i can replace webinterface to old, that will be the best for me.

Thanks!

Edited once, last by Rick4 ().

• newnigma2 is the best

Its at the end a matter of taste, good you like it, personally I find it too much narrow minded.

Emo

I found at the newnigma2 forum faq, and found the backup method, so we can try any plugins without we lost any good images and own settings. Checked, works good.

Create backup
    A complete backup can be created in the software administration / package manager with the number key "7". Simply press the "7" key with the package manager open.
    A complete backup is created in / media / hdd / (with One and Two in / data) (the creation takes a while due to the compression, don't be impatient). The backup created in this way can be flashed via RescueLoader like a normal image.

The strange thing, it will be within only one minute. :-)) That backup can be flash back, so i have one step forward.

Edited 2 times, last by Rick4: So looks like still all ok, but i can't find regular EIT EPG to switch off. I use EGPimport, but in this case after i switch any channel, the EIT EPG overwrite the downloaded files. Where can i that settings? I tried many more EPG control apps, nowhere found that. Thanks! ().

• Hello

I have bought a Dreambox two ultraHD. I still do not have it.

Does the official OpenDreambox image have OpenWebif?

Does your image OpenATV have OpenWebif?

If I install the Newnigma2 image and then reinstall the OpenDreambox image, the FP / Microcode will be updated.

Thanks.

• Thanks

BA is backup?

I have installed OpenATV and I am using this image, I like it.

The tisusat 4 k CAM (black) does not work on the Dreambox Two.

In the Vu + Duo 4K SE if the CAM tivusat works.

Do you have any solution for this?

Dreambox Two Ultra HD 2x DVB-S2X MIS Tuner 4K 2160p E2 Linux Dual Wifi H.265 HEVC

Download DreamTwo Dreambox Two 4K UHD Android CoreELEC, DreamOS Firmware and Enigma2 Images. Team Support from DemoniSat - Dream-Elite - Gemini Project GP4 - Merlin Project - NewNigma2 - Peter Pan Neverland - OpenBh - OpenPLi Japhar - OpenATV - OpenVision - PurE2 - SatLodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!