DM900UHD4K - Does not Start. - With the Red Led Fixed

There are 101 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,775 times. The last Post () by Melgas.

• #

Hello hecha71.

I signed up for the forum, and went to consult the link "DOMICA".

My Box is official. It is not a clone.

I do not have IP » Telnet access.

So, I can't use the indicated telnet commands.

I thank you very much, for all your effort and interest in helping me.

Hug.

#

DM920-UHD4K + SF8008-UHD4K

• #

Hello jhon32.

I thank you very much, for all your effort and interest in helping me.

I used the serial cable: Mini-usb DM900 to USB PC.

I got the COM Port.

I ran Putty - Serial.

I put the files "zImage-rescue-3.14-r0-dm900-20200227.bin" in PEN (FAT).

Nothing worked.

I just got:

FATAL ERROR

BOOT 2nd image failed.

It means that the Box has a corrupted file.

Thank you for your help and support.

Hug.

#

• Взаимодействие с другими людьми

yes, what difference does a clone or an original make, the principle is the same, the only difference is in the image that you will fill in ..there is a principle of filling the bootloader with the help of a USB flash drive.try this method to get the ip address for further image firmware via the web interface

"nothing is impossible to one who does nothing"

p.s. it's bad that you don't know what image was loaded into the receiver before it stopped running, it's important to know so it's easier to restore the box's functionality

• #

Hello, hecha71.

Accordingly. The clone or official Box is the same principle.

I tried to fill the bootloader with the help of a flash drive.

I put the files "zImage-rescue-3.14-r0-dm900-20200227.bin" in the PEN (FAT).

There was no activity at Box. Nothing.

I am saddened by this unsuccessful situation.

All attempts, with various methods, have not worked.

Thank you for your help and support.

Hug.

#

• I put the files "zImage-rescue-3.14-r0-dm900-20200227.bin" in the PEN (FAT).

There was no activity at Box. Nothing.

quote from the post about the uprising------ "And so we need a mini-usb cable, a PUTTY program, a laptop (computer) preferably win10 (I did not check the other one), a network (Internet) connection via a router and MOST IMPORTANTLY a 1gb flash drive (NECESSARILY FORMATTED in FAT16)

Not all flash drives allow this. I was lucky out of 5, one came up."

"Connect the receiver to the computer via USB, network (Internet) wire.

We turn on the dream and wait for the installation of drivers for the Silicon labs CP2102 USB-UART converter , after installation, we look at which com port is connected.

Turn off the dream and run PUTTY, switch SSH to Serial. And we change the COM1 port to yours, for example, I had COM5. The data exchange rate is 115200 baud.

Insert the flash drive into the dream.

Hold down Ctrl+C and turn on the dream, wait until the download stops in PUTTY and appears BOLT >"

• image from hire? always usb must be smal ,1gb!i find tutorial with 8 bit,fo this i see xp ,on xp qent change 32bit to 16 bit

https://www.dreamboxupdate.com…le/images/dm900/index.php

try and this tutorial from hir

https://www.tektronic.dk/en/bl…x-dm900-telnet-og-bootlog

• #

Hi, hecha71 and jhon32.

All these recovery procedures, I have already performed several times. Unsuccessfully.

I have the Pen formatted in FAT16, with the files "zImage-rescue-3.14-r0-dm900-20200227.bin" + "zImage-rescue-3.14-r0-dm900-20200227.bin".

I configured PUTTY as indicated. Withe the cable Mini-USB connected to the USB-PC. I got COM6 Bridge port.

Nothing action. Nothing but FATAL ERROR - BOOT 2nd image failed.

Unfortunately, I am unable to access the Box, nor obtain an IP.

Strong hug to all of you.

Thank you very much.

#

• change pc ,and try again with micro usb ,with JapharFlasher,dream up,you dont need ip with cable on service port

• Official Post

Bringer of bad news :unhappy:

Solid red light = Memsys error and you have a hardware problem that can't be fixed without a hands on repair

Flashing red light = Software issue and can be fixed as described above by others

• You have destroyed the Second Boot Partition (or it's corrupted),... so this is definitely a problem at the level of the partitions of the Flash. You need to restore the Second Boot Partition to it's content and original state.

Emo

• Взаимодействие с другими людьми

You have destroyed the Second Boot Partition (or it's corrupted),... so this is definitely a problem at the level of the partitions of the Flash. You need to restore the Second Boot Partition to it's content and original state.

Emo

he does not know which image was filled with the grief of the master for the test in the workshop, where he asked for help with his receiver, if this is an image of an open pli, then it may be worth disabling the display loop and trying-somewhere I read on Johnny's forum about this method

and I'm also trying to explain that the flash drive should not be more than 1 gigabyte and the author of the post from the Domica forum tried 5 different flash drives the receiver saw only one of the five

• #

Hello, dear jhon32, emosim and hecha71.

When I connect the cable to the service port, there is no sound.

#

In fact:

I had a problem viewing the Cable Channels with the C/T2 Tuner. Some channels appeared with multi-squares and others did not.

So I decided to send it to the representative of this Box in Portugal (DREAMPORTUGAL).

He charged himself for technical assistance, stating that everything was fine. And returned the Box.

When I received the Box and installed it, only after several attempts did it starting. I scanned the Cable + Sat channels.

When restarting, the Box no longer started, keeping the Red Led fixed.

I don't know what tests the Technicians did, not even what they installed to test the Box.

What I do know is that the Box was working well, only with the anomaly on some channels. And now, nothing works.

The technicians, refuse to admit responsibility.

They don't even want to receive the Box for verification, saying that the problem is in my installation. Which is false.

Thank you all.

Hugs.

#

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!