A2 will not boot to E2 or Spark

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 710 times. The last Post () by ahmed gazye.

• I have a Alien 2 that was fouled up by a power glitch ( rapidly off and on ) It displays "BOOT" and will not go further. If I force a boot that part shows "Success" but from there on it just displays boot. I haven't built a RS232 cable yet as that may be what I end up having to do,but where can I locate 1.2.51 E2 ? I have tried the rescue image and it does the same as all the rest.

Thanks for any help

WT

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • I have a Alien 2 that was fouled up by a power glitch ( rapidly off and on ) It displays "BOOT" and will not go further. If I force a boot that part shows "Success" but from there on it just displays boot. I haven't built a RS232 cable yet as that may be what I end up having to do,but where can I locate 1.2.51 E2 ? I have tried the rescue image and it does the same as all the rest.

Thanks for any help

WT

Follow the way with my topic on the following link

Method of passing the rescue-image for Spark devices using Cisco TFTP Server

If you do not succeed with you, follow my topic on the link

Method to returns RAM load from point 0x80000000 devices Spark processor 7162 to accept Soft Rescue

You are in the wrong section you have to go here You will find topics, explanation and software

Spark

Reform must be done by Spark System

138268-6a27f64e2e9a32c7b42-png

161388-839fd4e7b2de2cc-png

Enjoy & Good luck
    ?thumbnail=1

• I scrounged up enough connectors to make a RS232 cable and was able to get into the STB but that was about as far as I could get. I could not get the Cisco utility to allow me to upload and files. I have attached what I managed to get so far.

Thanks for any suggestions

• I scrounged up enough connectors to make a RS232 cable and was able to get into the STB but that was about as far as I could get. I could not get the Cisco utility to allow me to upload and files. I have attached what I managed to get so far.

Thanks for any suggestions

• I have tried many times to get a successful load but can't seem to make it maybe I'm beating a dead horse?

As far as I get is here:

reading enigma2/uImage

.ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT

ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT

Thanks for any suggestions!

WT

• I neglected to make mention that this error is when booting E2 Neither Spark or E2 will complete the boot process. U boot file has been updated to 1.31 Should I reflash this as well?

SPI: info: found AT25DF161 (2MiB) device (page=256,erase=65536)

warning: SPI device may be write-protected (status=0x0c)

In: serial

Out: serial

Err: serial

Ident ic exist

Ident ic get stb id

IdentID : 0c 00 0a 00 00 11 6b

Hit ESC to stop autoboot: 3

Force command mode:Select boot (current boot system : enigma2):

1. spark(up key)

2. enigma2(down key)

3. RS232 Upgrade u-boot(left key)

4. Force into factory mode(right key)

Input Select:

Force Factory mode

(Re)start USB...

USB: scanning bus for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found

scanning bus for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found

reading enigma2/uImage

• - Rescue Soft must be installed while you are on the Spark system, not a system enigma2 Until it is accepted

- It is possible not to accept Soft Rescue from the first times, meaning that you repeat the process once, two and three until it ends and the receiver accepts the software even if it did not succeed. Download another copy of Softrescue until you succeed, God willing,

Most of the problems of not accepting the software will be a defect from the flash that the device cannot read from

Take care of the following things

use kingston or sandisk usb 4 or 8 GB

FORMAT your USB Pen Drive in FAT32, DO NOT choose the quick format as it will not work

Make sure that the folder is not inside another folder, and there is no any Foldr it except Foldr software only.

unzip the attached file, transfer the file to the usb and place it in the device.

Follow the way with my topic on the following link

- Rescue Soft must be installed while you are on the Spark system, not a system enigma2 Until it is accepted

Method of passing the rescue-image for Spark devices using Cisco TFTP Server

If you do not succeed with you, follow my topic on the link

Method to returns RAM load from point 0x80000000 devices Spark processor 7162 to accept Soft Rescue

Amiko Alien 2 u-boot S25FL016A.bin

138268-6a27f64e2e9a32c7b42-png

161388-839fd4e7b2de2cc-png

Enjoy & Good luck
    ?thumbnail=1

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!