How can I add m3u list to Mira-3000

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,944 times. The last Post () by freckles.

• Id like to know how I add an m3u list in the portal settings

I have my m3u list on a usb stick but when I goto Playlist in the portals section I cant add it with the red button

Does the m3u need to be in a folder?....whats the proceedure

Appreciate any help

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • Portal settings are stalker type logins.

To enter the m3u line you do that under the Playlist option.

Click Edit portal and type in your line. Thats the line you have used to download the m3u file.

Edited once, last by Compo ().

• You can also load a Playlist m3u file from a local m3u file on USB stick though there are some requirements for it to work:

1) m3u file needs to be in a directory named m3u which is in root of USB, so for example /m3u/your-file-name.m3u

2) m3u file needs to be an m3u with 'options' i.e. each stream also needs to be assigned to a category (or at least this is how I can make it work)

With that in place then head to Portal Setting menu and scroll down to PlayList 1 or PlayList 2 (your choice) then scroll right so Import from Usb (red button) option is showing. If your m3u file is on the connected USB stick and in the directory called m3u then pressing the red button should pop up a list so you can choose the m3u file. Choose the one you want then you will see URL is filled our as /USB/your-file-name.m3u. Scroll back over to highlight PlayList 1 or Playlist 2 (whichever you used) on the left and press the OK button. This should import your m3u and launch to the first channel in the all list. That's it, you can scroll around channels and sections now. It's more basic as it's just an m3u but it does work fine as such!

Just some notes. As you are loading this locally from USB then unlike using the http import method as above which will re-load to whatever is the latest every time you connect then here from USB it will only update (import) anything new if you manually update the file on the USB stick and import again so this may or may not suite your needs. The other thing I found is loading a decent sized list works fine but if it gets to big for example something with thousands and thousands of entries say from VOD content then it's probably not going to load it, I don't know what the actual limit is but I experimented with a few and most are fine but I found a list that was nearly 30MB just for a playlist and that one for me failed! Just give it a try, if it loads then it should work!

• Nice one lads,I managed a copy and paste from web interface and it went tru.

My initial problem was that it wasn't reading the USB stick but the m3u directory with m3u list inside allows the transfer so all is good

Cheers

• Now your sorted how you finding it mate ?

I set one on these up for my daughter seemed a good box, i didnt get chance to play about with it much though as she was in a bit of a hurry.

• Its a great little box,Ive the best of everything...saorview,satellite fta and iptv

The best thing about this box is you can create your own bouquets with a mix of iptv and satellite...there's no lag on the channel change while switching so Im impressed by that alone.

Picture quality is great aswell....its a pity that dreamboxedit doesn't recognise the iptv channels as it would make channel lists much easier to compile.

Ill keep tinkering around with it tho so thanks for the help on the m3u

• master G

Added the Label IPTV Support

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!