newbie question: Ncam vs OScam

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,975 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Sorry if i bother you with this newbie's question: what is the diference betwen Ncam and OScam ?

I'm using OScam and i wonder what is the advantage to switch to Ncam.

you can read here too klick me

• Sorry if i bother you with this newbie's question: what is the diference betwen Ncam and OScam ?

I'm using OScam and i wonder what is the advantage to switch to Ncam.

Depending on your box , I believe you can have two or more softcam emulators and configs installed and switches to any of them at will only then can you really know which is better for you. you can achieve that by installing alternative softcam manager or other sofcam manager. see the image below.

• Hi.

I tested the Ncam 10.8 build: "Copyright (C) 2015-2020 Updated and patched by RAED (Fairbird) and Open Vision Developers".

I tested it as a softcam-client, on the CCCAM protocol (switched from the default 2.0.11 to 2.3.0). I tested the mipsel version on the Vu+ Solo SE V2 device (OpenATV 6.4). Everything ran stably and without problems. If I test the latest original Oscam 11689 in this way, it will turn off after a few hours (the whole oscam process will crash and be freed from linux memory). However, Ncam 10.8 (by RAED) works in the client position, on the CCCAM protocol completely correctly (mipsel, Vu+ Solo SE V2, OpenATV 6.4).

Of course, crash of the Oscam-11689 (as a softcam-client) can also be in small deviations of different libraries and their functions. BTW, I am using original Oscam build by @juli13.

NCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for NCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!