Unicable II vs quad LNB - help with brand new multi-feed / multi-room setup

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,807 times. The last Post () by zilizila.

• I would kindly appreciate your help in planning my first major satellite installation in my home.

- I have 5 coax cable runs from the roof to the server room (4 for satellite, 1 for terrestrial+FM radio).

- I will be using the T-90 toroidal dish and would like to have at least 5 satellite feeds (0.8W, 13E, 19E, 28.2E, 36E) + separate antennas for terrestrial and FM radio.

- From the server room I have coax runs to wall plates in 6 rooms (6 TVs). I have used standard tripple-output (SAT/TV/FM) wall plates. Server room is connected to living room with a conduit, so any number of additonal coax can be pulled.

- I plan to have FBC receivers with recording in 2 locations (living room and server room, with Gigablue or VU+), the other 4 locations will use unicable-compliant TVs with built-in DVB-T2/C/S2 tuners without recording.

The old-school solution would be to install 5 quad LNBs (e.g. Inverto Black Ultra or Megasat Diavolo), add 5x 1x8 DiseqC's on the roof, run 4 sat cables + 1 terrestrial/FM cable to server room, and then dostributing to wallplates after combining SAT+TV/FM with 1x2 splitters. To get recording in the living room, 2 out of 4 signals should go there, with remaining two split among other rooms.

My question is whether there is a more efficient and future-proof way of doing this, e.g:

1) Can I use 5 Unicable II LNBs (i.e. one for each satellite feed)?

2) I only have 4 coax cables for SAT running to the server room. How can I transfer signal from 5 satellite feeds (and maybe more than 5 in the future)? Is there a diseqC equivalent for Unicable II?

3) If so, is there a way of avoiding Unicable 2 multiswitches which require proprietary programming?

4) Can terrestrial/FM signal be combined with the unicable II SAT signal?

5) Is there a way to optimize my setup to improve the cost efficiency of running a Unicable II solution (e.g. sticking with only 4 satellite feeds etc).

Many thanks in advance for your help and apologies for the long story. I would also appreciate any recommendations for specific items to purchase (sat receivers, LNBs, switches, splitters/combiners etc).

• I will be very interested in any answers to your questions! I too have a similar if smaller setup that I want to modernise, three existing dishes, two with Quattro LNBs which I would like to redeploy using the multiple LNBs on each dish. I haven't figured out what to do yet but I'll certainly share any findings.

• You have to use programmable Unicable lnbs. For first four use cable no. one, and for one fifth use cable no. two. Use this lnb: https://www.inverto.tv/lnb/373…mable-40mm-lnb-with-32-ub

and for combinner use: https://www.inverto.tv/accesso…-2-way-combiner-5-2400mhz

But you must programming the lnbs for positions to use and set the tuners on boxes for unique SCR for every position including fbc tuners.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!