SF8008 Mini Recovery Button

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,687 times. The last Post () by modritch12.

• This one is baffling me a lot, I have assumed the recovery button should just be pressed while connecting the power to get into the recovery menu/flash the device

However it seems really random this working, I'm not sure if I'm pressing it at the wrong time or what, but it's causing a problem with trying to play with images etc so I'm not sure if I've managed to get one with a dodgy switch?

Everything online refers to the full size SF8008 but this box doesn't have any power button etc.

Edit: Just to add I found out you can use the remote to get into the recovery menu by pressing any key on startup (had to Google translate the official forum) but I'd still like some clarity on exactly how the side pen-push button works, as I'd like to know if I there is a problem with it sooner rather than later!

Edited once, last by e1t ().

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • The recovery button works just as unreliably even on my device. Apparently it's a bug.

After the box got into the boot loop while testing new image, I wasn't able to call up the recovery menu and I had to solve everything using telnet.

Thank you for the tip regarding the possibility of calling up the recovery menu using the remote control at startup!

• On the SF8008 you have to power on with the switch and immediately press the recovery button, not both at the same time.

So power, then a quick press, or press and hold? Would be good to get the knack of it as on the mini there are no other buttons, don't like relying on the remote...

• On the sf8008mini, it is on the right side of the device, it is a small hole that can be used with, for example, a toothpick, to be inserted by plugging in the power cable .... personally, I planted several times my device doing tons of tests and the only way to restart it was this system and the openpli 7.3 recovery image ....

• Yeah, it's on the side. My issue is I got stuck after loading an image, I was pushing it while booting/connecting power (no power switch on the mini) and couldn't do anything to get to the recovery menu.

Eventually, I discovered the remote can be used, but hardly something I want to rely on in case something causes the IR sensor to stop responding. Unlike the full box there's no front power button to use to get to the recovery menu.

Only got my box last week so I really want to discover how it is meant to work, quick press? press and hold? how long to wait after turning on the power? - and make sure my recovery switch isn't faulty!

I like the idea of putting a little bolt in to make it easier to press... might do that if I need it a bit

• Only got my box last week so I really want to discover how it is meant to work, quick press? press and hold? how long to wait after turning on the power? - and make sure my recovery switch isn't faulty!

I switch the power on and as soon as the display shows BOOT I press and hold the recovery button until the display changes to UPDT and then release it.

It works every time for me.

• Yes, that's exactly it, and as I said above, when I crash the box and it gets stuck, there is only the openpli 7.3 image which makes it restart, this image there, I only use it for that .... lol ....

OCTAGON SF8008 MINI 4K UHD E2 2160p H.265 E2 Linux Wifi DVB-S2X & T2C Combo Receiver.

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K MINI UHD Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenPLi, Open Vision, and PurE2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!