PURE2 image, best image but I can't use it :-(

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,083 times. The last Post () by knislinge2000.

• Hi Folks!

I have been using pure2 on my H9s for some months now, after testing various other images, which never convinced me.

Pure2 is a neat image and it is especially great with the extra own plugins.

However, my problem with pure2 is that I can only keep it up to date by connecting via a VPN, because somehow the pure2 feeds (but in general the pur-e2.club domain) are not accessible to me, probably due to a ban of my IP address (don't know if it is from my internet provider or from the pure2 admins). It is all ok for example if I need to use the FNC plugins, as I just activate the VPN. But it is a complete mess if I need to install completely a new version of the firmware. I explain why...

When the box restarts after the new firmware version is installed, I need to restore all the settings and the plugins. But because at the time I'm not via a VPN anymore (the plugin is not installed by default), it fails to restore all the plugins (because it cannot connect to the pure2 feeds), so every time I need to reinstall all of them manually.

So, here my questions:

- can any of the pure2 admin who reads this forum, check if there is a ban of my ip?

- has anyone else experienced the same problems, and how you resolved it?

- even if you haven't had these problems, do you have any tips for me to continue using PURE2, as I really love it???

- in an extreme scenario, where there is no solution with my problem? What's the nearest best image for a ZGEMMA? I've tried Openvix and OpenATV (currently using the last one), but I don't fully like them? Any other images worth trying?

TIA

• Thanks evlasenko!

I used to have OpenPLi on my dreambox and it was actually very good. A bit basic though, but as I'm more interested into stability and continuous improvements, I think OpenPLi can be a very great alternative to PureE2.

Do you know if we can install the FNC plugins from Pure2 in OpenPLi? Some of them are extremely awesome!

• Something funny to add...

the first time I downloaded manually the image from their website, everything was working perfectly and I could also access the forum.

When I installed the image in my zgemma, then someone (ISP or the Pure2 team) banned my IP address :-D

Since then I haven't been able to access the feeds and the forum

• since our software change of the forum software no more IP Ban should occur. In the old version of the software this could happen depending on the country of access. We do not currently have any anti-spam software upstream.

Please try again

Pur-E2 -Team

Admin of HDSC

• ad i have the same problem as you. work around i connect to my mobile hot spot on my phone 1 am then able to access pure2 feeds and download vp manager 1.14. once vpn manager is installed and set up properly i am then good to go. i can get everything else i need to setup pure2 to my liking .

• beowolfe, that's exactly what I've been doing so far, but somehow I'm failing in some steps as the plugins are not re-installed in the new version because of the prevented access to the feeds.

So maybe I would have to review the steps:

- install the new pure2 image;

- do not install the saved settings when asked after the image installation;

- configure the instance wifi to point to the mobile phone hotspot;

- download, install and configure vpn manager via the feeds;

- once active the vpn then load the backup settings including all the plugins that were installed in the previous image;

Are these the correct steps?

I'm only worried that in the last step if I load the settings then it will switch the VPN off, and then it is not capable of re-installing all the previous plugins. Which I think it is what happens to me every time I install a new image version, and end up re-installing all the plugins from zero.

Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong in my steps :-)

• - once active the vpn then load the backup settings including all the plugins that were installed in the previous image;

please not restore settings only your channel list another all please manually from feed

> 16.4.2021

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!