OCTAGON SF8008 4K vs Edison OsMini ... my experience so far

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,463 times. The last Post () by mrrawuk.

• I recently bought an SF8008 since I thought it would be nice to upgrade to a faster 4k receiver.

From the beginning I noticed that the SF has a slow motion effect when changing channels, it last about 1+ seconds that the video is slowed down before the audio kicks in.

I find this quite annoying.

Also the channel change time is generally noticeably longer compared to my (dated) OsMini.

I find the de-interlacer of the SF not has good / sharp as the OsMini and the colours are somewhat too much 'in your face'

also images seem slightly over-processed.

I connected both receivers to a dual LNB and the tuner of the SF seems to be less sensitive compared to the OsMini.

It's not by a wide margin though but I had weak channels that would stutter on the SF but not on the OsMini.

Where the SF shines is, Multiboot, USB3, GigaBit (I measured up to full bus speed) , H.264, 4k playback and fast IPTV playback/channel switching.

(IPTV is not great on the OsMini)

Attached 2 pictures of the receiver's tuner performance on 'weak' channels.

The SF is generally not far behind the OsMini, so not to worry.

I think the SF is a good receiver but the channel switch slow-motion and the somewhat long switch times might not be for everyone.

And 'yes' I tried 6 different images on the SF ;)

c3fab062c42ca02.jpgcdd6315d54e34feac.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by OpenTel ().

• Interesting post.

I think i had one of the Octagans last year and was a bit miffed at the slight slow motion when changing channel.

Maybe this is the Hisilicon CPU's?

Ironically I am looking for a new box now but do not want the slow mo issue. It' drove me mad last time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!