Xbox DVB-C tuner and Conax Cam

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 633 times. The last Post () by Marty2000.

• Hi,

I have installed a Xbox tuner to use with my Zgemma H9 Twin running OpenAtv 6.4 over kernel 4.4.35 for the purpose of accessing DVB-C channels that I can receive. So far I don’t have any problem with FTA channels, but I want to access subscription channels via the viewing card provided by the cable operator and i have a problem. The cam I’m using is LA Digital Ci+ Conax and I have paired with my viewing card and it functions very well on Sansung tv, however on the receiver I get authentication messages and it says authentication successful, but the channels’ picture doesn’t come and screen is black! I have Ci+ helper also installed from the plugins menu.

i’m wondering if it’s because of the tuner or the cam?

• Official Post

Conax cams runs best without the CI+ helper so deactivate the helper and run the module in Legacy Mode. In the Common Interface menu make sure you also have Highbitrate support set to ON/Yes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Thank you so much!

I removed the ci helper and put ci basic settings to legacy mode, and high bitrate is on and then rebooted, but unfortunately picture doesn’t come!
    My viewing card (Finland’s Elisa cable) is paired with the cam and in the CA info page I can see card number, Software version, etc.

• Official Post

I have only used CD (Alente) Conax cam so maybe the Cable Cam use Device Paring also??

You can call the customer service and test by asking if you can use the cam + card in some old TV like Philips that have an old common interface slot

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• The card and cam should be paired(cam’s number should be registered online), but I tested it on two different samsung tvs and it works!

I tried these images, but no luck!

OpenPli

Openvix 5.4

Openhdf 6.5

Openspa

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!