Azbox premium + hd booting

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,079 times. The last Post () by wildshovelbill.

• Hi guys iv just bought one of these boxes to play with , but my play time was cut short while updating firmware i had a power cut and now im stuck on continiuos boot loop whats is the options to recover from this . Ive searched online and can only find the serial ttl cable option

• which firmware did you have in it? have you got a backup of your configurations?? ¿have you got telnet + ftp connections still??
    you need to clarify with as much information as possible ¿ is it a clone or original??
    we can only help as far as is possible ,especially as few have these boxes.

• it was running spaze 2.2 and i have no telnet/ftp the box has no ip address, can not enter recovery mode, and its original

• tell you what.. after reading an incredible amount of posts regarding this box ,,,,,
    try this:

stick spaze 2.2 on usb (use AZup 2.1.6 to install this FW).( not sure if this applies tothe latest firms but the end of the image name should have patch.bin otherwise it might not be recognised.
    Then unplug the box from mains , stick in the usb ,plug in hte box , If it shows OPTIONS ,then FORMAT AREA 3 or 4 times ,then UPGRADE to install the image.

I hope this somehow helps,, some users write that you need to INSIST on FORMAT AREA 3 or 4 times...

If this does not get you any further ,then here is a minimanual on HOW TO:

keep us up to date here and I´m sure one of the azbox users will think of something better if all above fails..

I´m sorry I can´t do much more for you ..

• hi guys and gals . i have the same situation,here is what i know ,if their is any interuption while reading or copying kernel it looses boot up.. i read several times only way out is ttl usb.you will also need a crossover cable and will be going through yamon. need a program named putty and pumpkin ,filezilla,ive not completled the intire process but will keep you informed ,i have a premium plus ,running spaz 2.2 with kernel 2.6 it is in booting no ftp no telenet just booting .thanks a bunch for the fourm it is really informative so far ,from usa hey folks

• try jazup by hector & pr2 if that dont work then you will need to jtag it with the usb uart to ttl converter.
    there are files posted all over the net to do the jtag with, just google -azbox jtag- and you will find it.
    i have used it a few times to recover azboxes that were stuck in booting, lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!