rytec.sources.xml randomly deleting itself

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,267 times. The last Post () by azman26.

• Over the last few weeks, the rytec.sources.xml file is being randomly deleted from the /etc/epgimport folder on my Zgemma H9 Combo. This has happened with both openatv and pure2 images. It's not difficult to rectify, but I don't understand why it keeps happening. Can anyone shed any light on this?

• Maybe a plugin is deleting it.

I would download notepad++

Ctrl F to open find

Go to your enigma2 plugin directory

and do a search

eabdb.png

ps. I just done this myself for my own plugins and nothing in my plugins are guilty. I dont think ;)

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• there is no reason for these file to delete, unless a) epgimporter/enigma2 is being updated and the update is failing, or b) something is deleting this folder. So my suggestion was to do a search of your plugin folder to see if a 3rd party plugin is accidently deleteing these files. By doing what i suggest above, it will list all the files that are referencing the epgimport folder. You can then quickly see if any of the results look like they deleting files in this folder.

• Well your results only show my plugins, and I am pretty sure my plugins are not causing it, otherwise I would have been hammered with people complaining about it.

Best bet is to uninstall epg importer via plugins menuj, reboot your gui, and then reinstall epgimporter again via plugins.

• Thanks for your help. I will do as you have advised and let you know how I get on. Out of interest, if I wait until the file deletes itself again before following your advice, is there any log I could post which would show where the problem lies?

Edited once, last by oldhooky ().

• I have discovered the root of my problem. When I edit my channel bouquets with e-channelizer and write them back to the receiver, the epgimporter sources (rytec and those created by KiddaC's plugins) disappear. So now I know what's causing it, I just don't know why.

• I haven't used e-channeliser for a long long time. I therefore no longer have a ful version to check this.
    I don't know if the author SayyiD is still active on this forum. He is the man to ask regarding e-channelizer issues and functionality.

• I have discovered the root of my problem. When I edit my channel bouquets with e-channelizer and write them back to the receiver, the epgimporter sources (rytec and those created by KiddaC's plugins) disappear. So now I know what's causing it, I just don't know why.

Definitely e-channeliser deleting the epgimport sources.

I just used it to tidy up my bouquets and it deleted everything in the /etc/epgimport directory apart from the readme file.

• I seem to be facing a similar issue. If I try to edit the sources.xml manually, it gets overridden by eChannelizer. I'm wondering if it's related to the eChannelizer.channels folder. Maybe if it doesn't find the source in there it just deletes it?

EDIT: and by overridden, I mean within the echannelizer.sources.xml document itself. The MJH sources have now disappeared from the list. Changing the doc and FTPing it to the box doesn't actually change it (I can tell from the sizes of the XML files that it's not changing)

Edited once, last by astra19e: Adding context ().

• I also have the same problem with the echannelizer free version. The program seems to delete the xml files in /etc/epgimport. Has anyone found a solution to this problem.

Log from the echannelizer program

Code
    2021-10-13 17:57:56.501    INFO    FTP: Deleting file: /etc/epgimport/azman.sources.xml
    2021-10-13 17:57:56.501    INFO    FTP: Deleting file: /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.IPTV_PL_azman.tv
    2021-10-13 17:57:56.501    INFO    FTP: Deleting file: /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe1d.tv
    2021-10-13 17:57:56.514    INFO    FTP: Deleting file: /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.IPTV_Sport_azman.tv
    2021-10-13 17:57:56.514    INFO    FTP: Deleting file: /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe1e.tv
    2021-10-13 17:57:56.514    INFO    FTP: Deleting file: /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.ciefpsettings_iptv_streamlink.tv
    2021-10-13 17:57:56.514    INFO    FTP: Deleting file: /etc/epgimport/rytec.sources.xml

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

I found a solution.

https://echannelizer.com/support/tutorials.php

Just uncheck the delete other epg sources option in the settings.

OCTAGON SF8008, OATV 7.3, OPLI 9, Black Harmony

Edited 2 times, last by azman26: I found a solution ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!