Gigablue UHD UE 4K with Dual Tuner DVB-S2X

There are 31 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,483 times. The last Post () by a.senna.

• I have bought the Gigablue UHD UE 4K, with the dual DVB-S2X Tuner (tuner I and J) as an option.

I have 4 twin LNBs that go down 2 wires to the receivers (by diseqc).

When I connect a cable to Tuner A, simple configuration, and Tuner B looped to A, with I and J not configured, everything goes well. Logically I do not receive the MIS channels in 5ºW.

When I connect a cable to Tuner I or J, with Tuner A not configured, they pixelate all the channels after a few minutes.

The same happens if instead of 1 cable I connect the 2 that go down, to Tuner A and I. After a few minutes all channels are pixelated.

Could it be that this optional Tuner has a fault?

Any suggestion?

Thanks

• Hello Jose,

When using the optional tuner I and J, is the receiver able to display signal quality in dB?

Many thanks

Hello

I think so.

It depends on the skin you have. With MetrixHD yes, with Nacht no.

You must enable, in OSD: Change SNR in '%' by SNR in 'db'.

Now, I have a Gigablue UHD Quad 4K, also with optional DVB-S2X Tuner (i and J).

I will answer you with more security in a few days.

• hey jose luis y

I tried with openvix and that works fine. I am now able to get dB levels via a skin, webif, and the signal meter app.

I saw your comment on Amazon about the optional tuner. What was the issue regarding Fransat and the multistrema channels on 5W? I used google translate but did not fully understand.

Thanks

• Hello.

I'm glad that with Openvix you can see the db

On the Gigablue, Fransat and the French MIS channels interfere with each other on the optional I-J tuner: Cannot see the 2 bouquets

This does not happen to me in the Vu+ Duo 4 K SE, which also has 2 FBC tuners

• Thank you. Out of interest, have you tried using Tuner A for Fransat and Tuner I for the French MIS channels? I am wondering whether that would work before I buy one.

Also, you had mentioned on Amazon you had mentioned that the specifications are not the same as on the manufacturer's website? Do you know which specifications are incorrect?

Thanks,

Offtensive

• I don't remember exactly, but if you do as you say, only Fransat is seen in tuner A (which is not MIS). Because tuner A is the boss.

You can vary the preferred tuner settings (they say it's better to leave it on automatic).

In my opinion, if you have the antenna oriented at 5ºW, it is better to tune to the MIS channels.

Fransat now only has 1 or 2 different channels than MIS.

The DVB-S2X v.2 tuner is the same as v.1 (I thought they were different)

• Do you know if the blindscan works with the optional tuner? I'm not too fussed about the MIS channels, but from having had a read of a few posts on various forums, there doesn't seem to be a clear definitive answer.

I even saw a post on the official gigablue forum of someone saying that their blindscan doesn't work with the TS3L10 tuner, but they never received a response. Thus, I am assuming it will be a no unfortunately.

Thanks

• Do you know if the blindscan works with the optional tuner? I'm not too fussed about the MIS channels, but from having had a read of a few posts on various forums, there doesn't seem to be a clear definitive answer.

I even saw a post on the official gigablue forum of someone saying that their blindscan doesn't work with the TS3L10 tuner, but they never received a response. Thus, I am assuming it will be a no unfortunately.

Thanks

I don't use blindscan, so I can't answer you.

I use my own channel list.

Greetings

• Same for me, Gigablue UE4K, no decibel readings on openatv 6.3 up, only shows percentage, im only using tunner A. Why ?

Openpli works ok but I dont like openpli

Open atv 6.2 it shows decibel signal readings and percentage

Edited 3 times, last by a.senna ().

• Did you solve the pixelating issue?

• Hello

The truth is that I sold it shortly after and bought a Gigablue Quad 4K

The important thing is that Tuner A is DVB-S2X, but it is not MIS.

By having the 2 cables that come down from the dish with Diseqc, if you want to see the MIS, you must set this satellite as "not configured" in Tuner A

So the tuner J and I are the ones that work in 5ºW

Best regards

• Im having some problems also with my tuner, i´m using tunner I only, and some channels have problems.

For example if I zap channels on 39E and go to Love nature channel picture start to pixelate.

On 13E same thing happens on Focus channel 11432V.

It happens on openatv 6.4 and 7.1, and with teamblue 6.4 also.

I bought 2 tuners last week same thing on both UE and on both tuners, its impossible they are faulty!

Its not only that channels, they all start to pixelate.

22.jpg

1-0-19-2-C4-7-1-1860000-0-0-0-20220809105639.jpg

1-0-19-2-C4-7-1-1860000-0-0-0-20220809105553.jpg

Edited 5 times, last by a.senna ().

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!