Import EPG only for certain channels

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 714 times. The last Post () by e1t.

• I've been looking around and can't find a good solution to this.

I have my custom boquets set up with Astra 2/Astra 1/IPTV mix, main Astra 2 EPG coming in through OpenTV via CrossEPG fine, IPTV comes in via my provider or if missing Rytec assigned with Jedi Maker.

The issue I'm having is for Astra 1 channels, to get the EPG I need to enable the Rytec news channel source in EPG Importer for a few channels like BBC World News, DW English and CGTN Documentary. However this is causing OpenEPG data to be overwritten for all the Astra 2 news channels often in the wrong language or off schedule (e.g. for RT UK). I also get BBC Parliament showing the same EPG as BBC News but I'm not sure what's to blame for that.

I think E-Channeliser is a solution but I can't really justify buying it just to do around 4-5 channels of EPG data.

Could anyone suggest a solution to just import EPG for those few channels?

Edited once, last by e1t ().

• Official Post

epg importer uses 2 files for data on each source, one contains epg data itself, the other is a source file for channel reference assignment.

the source file contains the URL for channels you want epg data for......SO.....

make your own custom source file for epg importer to use.

You could host the file on the STB somewhere, direct the source to the data and cross reference with your custom source file.

To see working examples have a look at your current sources @ /etc/epgimport/some name.xml with a text editor like notepad++

The above solution is only for epg importer, if the the data is wrong to begin with, it will still be wrong.

• Thanks I'll have a look at those files and hopefully I can bring something together.

Nothing wrong with the source data - I'm just ending up with correct data being overwritten when EPG Importer runs. If there's a better epg source for news channels etc aby data in english on Astra 1 than Rytec I'm interested but happy to make do with it as not that many channels I watch/need EPG data there for.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!