Newnigma2 on Barry Allen not starting - DM920 UHD :-(

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 991 times. The last Post () by McVik.

• Hi,

I have a problem with the Newnigma2 image installed as a second image on the Barry Allen multi-boot on the DM920 UHD.

I have the genuine DM Firmware Unstable Image in the Flash and the OpenATV 6.4 image in the Barry Allen multi-boot, installed as the first image on the SD Card 64GB. Yesterday I added the latest Newnigma2 weekly image from the Barry Allen plugin menu on the OpenATV. After restarting the box and choosing Newnigma2 image from the Barry Allen startup menu nothing happened. The TV screen turned black, there was only the name of the image "Newnigma2..." on the box display, telnet to the box was timed out. The other Image chosen from Barry Allen works good.

My DM920 UHD is quite new and I have little experience with this model and modern images. I had a DM800HD before and I haven't touch its software for many years since I made a very stable configuration based on the Newnigma2 (v3.2.1), so I'm not yet familiar with the present images and dependencies between them. The OpenATV image was set up by the seller but I wanted to try Newnigma2 because it worked good for me for many years.

Could someone give me a hint what could I do wrong or what to look for to make it working?

My software configuration is:

DM Firmware Unstable 2.5 build 20201202 Image (in the flash)

Barry Allen 12.89 Multiboot

OpenATV 6.4 build 20210531 Image (on the SD Card)

newnigma2-deb-weekly-OE2.5-dm920-18_07_2021.tar.xz (on the SD Card)

Regards - McVik

• McVik

Removed the Label Bootloaders
  • Yesterday I added the latest Newnigma2 weekly image from the Barry Allen plugin menu on the OpenATV

Hi, remember for the future, never install images in Barry Allen it from under any open ATV or an open PLI or based on them .

Any image will start and work if you install it from under any DMM image, even if this image is installed in Barry Allen, and not in the receiver's flash memory.

In your case, go to the image from DMM that you have in flash memory and install in Barry Allen your Newnigma2.

See the screenshots, I use the PP image (I really like it) and install any images or builds from private developers from under it

Good luck!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!