Weird flickering on some cahnnels (only seen on 2 transponders)

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 471 times. The last Post () by Padden Q.

• I get my signal through Satellite 0,8W Ku band – and have Allente as my service provider.

The last few months I have noticed flickering on (mostly) live transmissions on DR1, DR2 and all TV2 channels. It is especially bad on still pictures – like an overview camera with statistics over a match – it happens all day and is periodic – it flickers on 2/3 part of the screen.

Right now, I only see this (visual at least) with channels on transponder 10.716 GHz, POL H and 10.934 GHz, POL V

When I have problems on DR1, I can change to TV2 Norway and/or TV4 Sweden on the same transmission (Euro2020 or Olympics) and verify that the picture is fine/clear on their transmission. Even if I change to 19,2 East and ZDF, the picture is still clear and no visible problems.

Local search for errors:

I have tried 3 different satellite boxes (both S2 and S2x tuners), 3 different televisions (3 independent setups), and reset all boxes. 2 different Enigma2 images, tried changing LNB (Flatdishes), no diseq involved, cable is of really good quality – signal strength is always above 90% - even when the picture flickers. No BER errors.

What is going on here? Where could this problem be? I have never seen anything like it – I have setup satellite dishes for decades, and never seen this before.

Video with 2 examples:

TV2 News Flickering: https://youtu.be/tOtZdLSmQ5s

TV2 Sport X Flickering: https://youtu.be/UFGoi7gBf6s

• I can confirm the same issue on TV 2 Sport x

10716 H 25000 3/4

VU ultimo 4k

Is the problem seen on official STB's ??

OMG - I am really "glad" to hear you can confirm this. Then I know it is not my hardware. Thanks!

Actually I wrote to Telenor, but they just rejected my issue and pointed to the Provider. I just know if I present this issue to Allente, they want me do "basic" things, that clearly is not the issue.

• Official Post

Actually I wrote to Telenor, but they just rejected my issue and pointed to the Provider. I just know if I present this issue to Allente, they want me do "basic" things, that clearly is not the issue.

I would imagine most people are not bothered by the flicker, but it is the sort of thing that very much annoys me.

Perhaps if enough people complain they will do something to fix it:thumbup:

• Actually I wrote to Telenor, but they just rejected my issue and pointed to the Provider. I just know if I present this issue to Allente, they want me do "basic" things, that clearly is not the issue.

I would imagine most people are not bothered by the flicker, but it is the sort of thing that very much annoys me.

Perhaps if enough people complain they will do something to fix it:thumbup:

I guess the "best picture quality" is not on satellite as in the old days. This problem is so annoying.

Edited once, last by Padden Q ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!