DM500s signal issue

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,844 times. The last Post () by cezarelqwe.

• Hi all - hope I am posting this in the right section.

I have a Vu Duo working great on latest Vix image, sweet! However, I've now picked up a second hand DM500s, to basically play around with. Have flashed a couple of images with flashwizard and then null modem after a bad flash, currently on PLi Jade. Problem I'm having is tuner related. I have a fixed dish at 28.2e and a motorised dish for my Vu. Signal (SNR) is around 60% when I put the DM500 on the motorised dish for 28e. When I put the same feed into my Vu or Sly HD box the signal strength is 90-100%. Now here's the weird bit, the fixed Sly dish has SNR of 80-90 on the Sly HD box (so lower than the motorised) but when I put it in the DM500s it reports 80-90% on some but not all transponders. The Sly dish has bog standard quad LNB and the motorised a quad inverto black ultra. Bottom line is the DM500s doesn't lock onto a signal when connected to the motorised dish. Also, I can't get it to move the dish when I try to set up Diseqc?

I've read of people having tuner issues and changing smd transitors Q71 & Q72 which switch voltages in the PSU. This is something I could manage but wondered if the symptoms match the fix?

Last bit of info, I think it an original box based on the mac code, but not sure if there is another way of telling?

Grateful for advice or to be pointed in the right direction?

• Not sure about signal , could be simply difference in sensitivity.. I have had similar symptoms...
    ,I have vu UNO + dm500+S ( original as its hologram, internal series Nº + reputation from dealer(it cost me a wee fortune in its day) as MAC can be as easily changed as changing channels) and an original ALPS tuner (check the capture)
    and so as long as you get a decent signal I wouldnt look into it so much ,,another way to find a real difference is tryin to catch a "weaker" signal from a more distant sat
    (like thor depending on your geography),, as far as it not locking on ,¿have you got the latest channel settings ??
    remember the motor ,like the box , has implanted memory,thats why when changing image etc,, its nearly always best to keep the motor at 0º.
    Although this is suggested by the manufacturers,, I havent ever needed to do it..
    One last point ,,you wrote that it is a 2nd hand DM500 ,,so perhaps even by asking the previous owner,it will prob turn out to be a cheap chinese copy..

• Hi, and thanks for the quick response. The bloke I bought from said it was original, but as I wouldn't know him from Adam, who knows! It has a sticker on the bottom with mac beginning 00:09:34:.... and a hologram which chnages colour and says dream on in the centre (a few lines). Will end up looking inside so will get more of a clue.

I will send the motor to zero with my Vu and then unplug that and connect DM500s. Assume I can send to Thor via tbe rotor setup menu? So far, it hasn't budged a degree. I've sent silverfox to the box, and some other bouquets - no real joy though. Not sure about sensitivity as the DM500s seems to get a better signal from the fixed sly dish wheras the sly box and Vu get a better signal from the motorised dish.

My new project - already go me hooked!

• the screenshots I took are from within the image in information ,as you can see I use original gemini 4.7.0 and the box is about 5 yrs old now...
    Lets know how you get on ;)

hi i'm using my dream 500 s to thor sat and i love this image i think its very stable
    when i do a manual scan of transponers it show 0 new reansponder 0 new tv services 0 new radio o new data 1 reansponder with 18 services
    but this 18 services can't update in the list
    how to do it?
    i have performed an automatic scan and there is aleator chanel update
    i want to update manual or auto chanel list . is there any posibility to save the chanels that i want?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!