Dreambox on STOP

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,925 times. The last Post () by el tel.

• Help.
    My Dreambox 800 will not boot. it is going straight to the STOP screen and hanging.
    All I have tried is switching on and off etc

What a life.

Just to update, the mini screen now says serial mode with a new ip address.
    I am going to have a fiddle about and see what happens.

Please feel free to help or 'I told you so' or something.

• Terrific override,
    How do you install a new image when the box is stuck on STOP ??
    Dreamup won't do it
    But I will try anything (once).

Cheers El Tel

By the way, I am back with ***STOP***

• Well I have slept on it, and whilst I do not have a solution, I think I know what I have done wrong. And surely that must be the next best thing.
    It's all about Null Modem.
    I was preparing to flash a new image and in the good old 'belt and braces' mode,network was hooked directly to Router (and router - directly to computer),and I made a RS232 serial connection BUT it was not null modem.It was a direct serial link......Linux code one end......Microsoft code the other.
    I think this is why the machine did not want to boot.It has protected itself.....which gives me hope.
    But what to do now??
    I have tried Dreamup....No Joy.
    I have tried Dreambox Control Centre....socket error prevents access.
    If my Mum was alive, she would know what to do...................Joking!!

Help or Ideas Please.

El Tel

• Thanx Ten
    I spotted that last night and had a go.
    It did something,because for a while my miniscreen changed from ***STOP*** and went to 'serial mode' 192.168.1.77 (this is neither the address of my Dream nor my computer,so I guess it goes with the fault.)
    Anyway,I am going to give it another go right now because I am back on STOP so let's see if I can wiggle it.
    I will report back soon.
    El Tel

PS: my sim is 2.01 and someone somewhere said 'take it out and put it back'....but I haven't taken to the screwdriver YET.

• Official Post

I used to own the same model & this one always worked for me, you will need a proper null modem cable though.

[h=1]DreamUP Patched dm800 clone ( fix no ca error)[/h]

• I used to own the same model & this one always worked for me, you will need a proper null modem cable though.

[h=1]DreamUP Patched dm800 clone ( fix no ca error)[/h]

Ten, I got this last night as well.
    The box does not want to start,and nothing seems to help.
    I have tried dreamup patch with enforcer (file too big)
    I cannot get in with DCC because there is a Send Socket error,shutting the outside world out.

Philosophically, a little bit of Flash Memory has reduced me from Important to Impotent.

Unashamedly on my knees.

El Tel

• I have been trying further with Dreamup patch.
    The enforcer allows me to choose a nfi, dreamup starts to calculate checksum....and then......'waiting for ok from box before upload'
    But as we know the box is on STOP, so there is more chance of being struck by lightning TWICE.

El Tel

• Champagne all round !!!!
    I am back in the game.
    I would like to say a BIG thankyou to all, but especially to Ten Below for sticking with me.
    And the biggest thanx to Optiflasher.As we all know,not Everything works for Everyone......but boy this worked like a Dream (if you all pardon the pun).

I'm a happy man, and now I can return to my other problemas.
    El Tel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!