Upgrade Openatv Zgemma h7s

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,930 times. The last Post () by ethaniel.

• GM,

As you ask about 6.4, I assume you are running an older Image with the older Flash Partitions Size.

I would recommend to flash openatv 6.4 emmc-recovery-image through USB Pen drive to rearrange the newer used Partition size.

With this Install, you'll get 4 Multiboot Slots, in which Slot1 is used from your just flashed Image.

The other Slots you may use now for other Images to install, no question whether 6.5 or 7.0.

But...6.5 was created only for Development and is since a while not supported any more, and End of Life.

The main Difference between 6.4 (py2) and 7.0 (py3) is the upgrade to a higher Python Language Version, realized in 7.0, which is still in Beta Phase.

So there are still a lot of Things (meanwhile mostly plugins) to be written from scratch or patched from py2 to p3.

I would recommend 6.4 which is declared the stable Version right now, and most of the plugins should work just fine.

And for playing around, you may use Multiboot.

Edited 2 times, last by Bubele ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!