openEight 6.8 backup

There are 33 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,586 times. The last Post () by giorbak.

• openeight 6.8 does not have a password
    You can enter via telnet without a password and create one with the passwd command

Or

To set a root password, you can install the systemplugin 'setpasswd' from the feed.

• go to >   menu>plugins

Press the green button on the remote To download the plugin change root password From the team server

1_0_19_2775_3F2_E0_1040000_0_0_0_20200726172216.jpg

• Let's do it by steps:

your text: "openeight 6.8 does not have a password"

1- This image has password, that's guaranteed.

Your text: "You can enter via telnet without a password and create one with the passwd command"

2- I ask again, what command?

Your text: "To set a root password, you can install the systemplugin 'setpasswd' from the feed."

3- I say it again: I already installed the plugin enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-setpasswd_2.0_all, to get access to ( change root password ), now I have access but the image does not allow me to change the password-

I repeat: Even using the plugin (enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-setpasswd_2.0_all), the image not let me change the password, it alwais gives an error.

• I already installed the plugin enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-setpasswd_2.0_all, to get access to ( change root password ), now I have access but the image does not allow me to change the password-

Even using the plugin (enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-setpasswd_2.0_all), the image not let me change the password, it alwais gives an error.

• This is the worst image I have ever installed!

I've already installed several images (OpenAtv, Openvix, OpenHDF, OpenHD, OpenSpa, Areadelsat, OpenPli, etc., etc., etc.,), and I've never had any problems with them, much less changing passwords.

• Download Clean raw version and add to it what you like

The best version to add to the device is a raw version

user /root password / openeight

http://www.openeight.de/index.php?open=sf8008

• It's all about clean image

This is the worst image I have ever installed!

I've already installed several images (OpenAtv, Openvix, OpenHDF, OpenHD, OpenSpa, Areadelsat, OpenPli, etc., etc., etc.,), and I've never had any problems with them, much less changing passwords.

If you don't like, don't use it

• I did a clean installation, I downloaded and installed the image directly from the options that the box gives, I tried with that data and it still gives an error!

• That's what I did!

But you still haven't told me what the telnet command is?

Or do you also not know which one this?

I'm still waiting for you tell me which commmand telnet you use....

Edited once, last by corpina ().

• It looks like you're doing something wrong or not completing the password change correctly.

Are you satisfied if you change the password to "dreambox"?

Can you access OpenEight files from an image in flash? .. (slot1 is preferred).

You must mount the slot (on the SD-card) where OpenEight is installed.

If everything is OK, edit the /etc/passwd file.

The first line is:

root:x:0:0:root:/home/root:/bin/bash

Replace "x" with "$1$$34NPeumc9sBBCAw.oUaM80"

The line will now become:

root:$1$$34NPeumc9sBBCAw.oUaM80:0:0:root:/home/root:/bin/bash

Save the passwd file and exit.

The root password will change to dreambox.

• Another way:

Download a fresh OpenEight image, like "openeight-6.8-sf8008-20230904_mmc.zip".

Unzip it with 7-zip, open rootfs.tar.bz2 and go to /etc/passwd.

Right click and edit it.

Change the first line, as described in my previous post.

Exit and save all changes.

Install the image with root password "dreambox".

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!