openEight 6.8 backup

There are 33 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,590 times. The last Post () by giorbak.

• divodigital added a new file:

• Hi, I'm new to the decoder world.

I bought an octagon sf8008 decoder a few days ago, and the problems started immediately.

First of all with the network, I can't connect to the wifi, everything jams when it asks me to enter the nameserver parameters.

I have read many posts and tried to insert the read values (1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 etc.) but nothing to do.

Then the Non Italian channel list that leaves the time it finds.

Lastly I read that there are backup versions of the various systems.

From what I seem to have understood if I were to flash, for example, the one you uploaded "openEight 6.8 backup" I would find myself a system already "fixed" so to speak with any plugins already inserted etc?

Excuse the ignorance, thank you for a possible answer.

Thanks a lot!!!!

• I would be grateful if you could give me some help on the installation procedure.

I downloaded your file.

How do I proceed? do I have to unpack the file and load everything on the stick or do I have to upload the zipped file directly on the stick?

• if you want to try the openeight once downloaded you have to rename it in mmc as explained ... once rename it in mmc insert it on a pen formatted in fat32 insert it in the decoder on the side where the card is go to recovery mode go to the 3 item from ok and the image comes out choose the slot where you want to install it ... alternatively today I put another image the stable openATV 6.4 the latter you insert it as you download it on the stick and follow as mentioned above here:

openatv-6.4-sf8008-backup-20211014_1429_mmc

saluti

• Code
    once inserted the pw save with the green key and exit, and the pw is memorized, if you go there again you do not see it always the random pw comes out, I repeat enter the pw the one you want save with the green button of the TLC ... and then go via FTP and enter the pw you entered .... possible it is so difficult ....

Greetings
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “​openEight 6.8 backup” to “openEight 6.8 backup”.
  • go to >   menu>setup> system > change root password

Press the blue button on the remote Keyboard will open for you

Write to changed the password, for example

dreambox, root, black.....etc

Then save with the green button

• I've done this hundreds of times on other images, but on this one I do: menu>setup> system >

But then I don't see any option to say change root password

As soon I do (go to > menu>setup> system > ), the option that appear to me are:

Audio/Video

Customize

GUI Settings

EPG

Expert settings

Autoresolution

I did clean install of this image so I don't know why the option ( change root password ) doesn't appear to me.

• You have to connect to the box via telnet

I use Linux, I don't need any programs to connect

• This image is rubbish, I already installed the plugin enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-setpasswd_2.0_all, to get access to ( change root password ), now I have access but the image does not allow me to change the password, in addition, every time the green key is passed a new password is created but the box never saves it.

Therefore, it is impossible to know what the password is.

I give up, this image isn't even worth the time you wast installing it.

I've already installed images from several Teams and to date none of them have done the crap that this one does.

• Oh is it?

So explain how I connect to the box without knowing the login details?

Normally to connect to the box via telnet I use DCC ou Putty, any of these programs, if I don't put the login details (user name and password) there, I can't access the box.

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!